A new tab will open
Statement of Purpose: This position is responsible for accurate scheduling and obtaining accurate data and consent for dental records and billing. Responsible for obtaining documented preauthorization for services and coordinating with third party administrators regarding confirmation of patient insurance coverage. Ensures high level of customer service and professionalism in all patient interactions in a high call volume environment.
Primary Tasks: Call Center Care Connection Dental Representative – Bilingual
- Consistently treats patients with dignity, respect and courtesy, providing patients with accurate information and timely responses.
- Proactively pursues any follow-up activities needed to complete accurate registration, scheduling and authorization activities.
- Consistently schedules patient appointments with a high degree of accuracy, considering clinic scheduling parameters such as appointment type, provider schedules, holidays, lab appointments etc. Understands appointment types and can correctly identify patient needs.
- Uses a collaborative communication style with provider offices to facilitate accurate scheduling.
- Completes timely, documented confirmation of patient insurance coverage, coordinating with third parties as needed.
- Appropriately determines patient eligibility in relation to established program, insurance or contract standards.
- Completes new patient intake procedures following departmental protocols.
- Captures all relevant and mandatory patient demographic data, following up as needed with patients, practices and third parties.
- Obtains all necessary insurance information according to departmental protocols, ensuring completion of insurance verification forms and templates for all new patients.
- Verifies and maintains accurate demographic, insurance and pharmacy information for existing patients.
- Answers inbound calls promptly and courteously.
- Translates from English to Spanish for telephone inquiries and written materials.
- Promotes CAN Community Health, Inc.’s mission, values and follows its policies and procedures.
Secondary Tasks: Call Center Care Connection Dental Representative – Bilingual
- Maintains up to date knowledge of laws, regulations and contracts impacting Medical Practices (HIPAA and other privacy rules, payor rules pertaining to patient collections, etc.)
- Contributes to a positive work culture.
- Works effectively and professionally with a diverse population treating all staff, patients and clients with respect at all times while consistently maintaining CAN Community Health’s mission and values.
- Performs other duties as required.
Responsible To: CARE CONNECTION TEAM MANAGER
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required: Call Center Care Connection Dental Representative – Bilingual
- Dental Office experience preferred.
- Ability to work and problem solve independently.
- Ability to organize priorities and perform multiple tasks simultaneously while working with frequent interruptions.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Knowledge of government and private payers and regulatory rules and contractual requirements.
- Strong customer service, communication and decision-making skills.
- Ability to demonstrate tact and good judgment in interactions with patients, providers and other departments.
- Excellent office skills including data entry and Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Ability to understand and explain insurance benefits to patients and respond to inquires with accurate information preferred. Willing to train the right candidate.
- Good written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills in English & Spanish.
Educational/Professional: Call Center Care Connection Dental Representative – Bilingual
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least 3-years of healthcare experience in a similar role.
- Customer Service experience helpful, will train qualified individuals with at least 3-years of experience.
- Must speak, read and write English and Spanish fluently
Physical Requirements: Call Center Care Connection Dental Representative – Bilingual
- Neat, professional appearance.
- SEDENTARY- Exerts up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly in lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Requires expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken word, visual and auditory acuity.
Other Duties: Call Center Care Connection Dental Representative – Bilingual
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of an employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
CAN is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law
To Apply: Click Here