Location: San Francisco, CA Category: Faculty Positions Posted On: Thu Dec Job Description:
The Drama Therapy Program at CIIS announces the opening of a half-time core faculty position. The position will begin Summer 2021. This position is for a faculty member who would focus on overseeing the Practicum/internship and Case Seminar training components of our program. This would involve teaching at least two Case Seminar sections/year; ensuring consistency in our Case Seminars; overseeing our Practicum Readiness; supporting students and the program on Practicum placements and related issues. Given this area of focus/responsibility within our program, we are looking for someone who holds both an RDT and a clinical license.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The position includes
- Teaching Case Seminars (group supervision) and drama therapy courses
- Advising students
- Overseeing the clinical training component of the program including practicums (in conjunction with the CIIS Field Placement Office) and Case Seminars
- Participating in select administrative-academic aspects of the program such as admissions, recruitment, curriculum development
- Attending CIIS Faculty Council meetings, and serving on one school-wide governance committee
- Master’s degree
- Registered Drama Therapist (RDT)
- Clinical license (LMFT preferred but could be LPCC, LCSW, or license as a psychologist)
- At least 7 years of clinical experience as a drama therapist
- Adjunct or core teaching experience
- Broad range of knowledge in field of drama therapy
Additional – not required nor expected, but optimal qualifications:
- Board Certified Trainer of Drama Therapists (BCT)
- 11 or more years of varied clinical experience including at community mental health settings
- 3 or more years of experience teaching graduate level courses in drama therapy
- Scholarly, professional publications (in peer reviewed journals or chapters in academic books)
- Participation in field of drama therapy on national level via presentations
- Doctoral degree
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with skills and experience
NOTES TO CANDIDATE
Background Check — Due to the sensitivity and requirements of our positions, you should expect to undergo and be cleared of an employment background/criminal check, if extended an offer for employment. You may also be asked to provide proof of educational degree(s), licenses or credentials pertinent to the position.
Visa Sponsorship — Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
Relocation Assistance — This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
CIIS is committed to providing an open, fair, inclusive, non-discriminatory environment for all individuals across differences of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, socio- economic status, ethnicity, age, physical ability, or medical condition. We seek to increase the presence, representation and inclusion of U.S. historically under-represented people of color, international, bilingual and bicultural students, faculty and staff, and to provide an environment that will attract and retain individuals identified as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning and intersex (LGBTQQI).
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?pDSlKYJiYoeEr0Mrj5q%2fUwk