The Account Executive role will be responsible for growing existing business as well as prospecting new customer opportunities. This role will be responsible for performing a variety of functions; increasing branch revenue by securing new business, developing existing house accounts with a measured cadence of customer contact, working with the client and pricing teams to ensure market competitiveness, enhancing revenue through process improvements and customer adhesion by cross-selling new products or services.
- Retain and grow a customer portfolio
- Conduct monthly simple SWOT analysis and report key findings to management during monthly portfolio reviews
- Cultivate consultative, long-term relationships with contacts at varied levels, based on account complexity, with existing customers
- Be in continuous contact with customers:
- Calling and generating new business opportunities
- Reassuring the customer that their business has been executed on
- Meeting the customer where and how they want to buy
- Communicate with the customer on issues and trends which may impact the customer’s business, provide suggestions to improve results for the customer
- Engage internal resources to present and align C.H. Robinson’s full menu of services and the corresponding benefits of each to the customer
- Conduct internal data analysis and pipeline reviews weekly with commercial team (Account Management, Sales, General Managers)
- Educate clients on CHR tools and technology; identify opportunities where CHR solutions and reporting can increase client satisfaction and/or drive operational efficiency; ensure market competitive rates and timely market conditions and client advisories are communicated
- Utilize prospecting tools such as MSRT, Hoovers, LinkedIn and DataMyne to qualify leads
- Assist sales executives and support sales campaigns by providing warm leads and supporting the sales cycle and onboarding of accounts where appropriate
- Document client activity through our Opportunity Management and MDM tools
- Ability to define, develop and document business processes (SOP’s) and procedures (KPI’s) with customers
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to travel 10%*
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Passion for sales and building customer relationships
- Attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation communication skills, including the ability to persuade, motivate and influence others
- Ability to define, develop and document business processes and procedures
- Driven, enthusiastic, persistent, confident, highly motivated and results focused
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
*Our main priority continues to be the health and safety of our employees. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will be remote until further notice. We will continue monitoring the circumstances and when we feel comfortable, this position will return to the Kansas City, MO or Eden Prairie, MN location where you will have an opportunity to collaborate face-to-face with a talented and diverse group of peers as well as travel locally.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?AKhuWvBUnsFgCRrLgGVlOwp