Starting wage up to:$14.50/hr
Calling all Foodies! Don’t romaine calm, Busch’s is HIRING! Do you love food, fun and people? Are you looking for growth, development and excellent wages? We could make the perfect pear!
Our industry is ever changing and we are looking for individuals who are passionate about food and people. We are a family-owned, Michigan based company that is heavily rooted in the communities we serve. Busch’s offers its employees benefits such as employee discounts, medical benefits including dental and optical, 401K with company match (restrictions apply) and even tuition reimbursement for qualifying students!
- Merchandise, price and stock all produce/floral product in cases and displays.
- Achieve sales and labor objectives as directed by the Produce/Floral Manager.
- Ensure daily maintenance of the department is completed (sweeping, mopping, cleaning, etc…)
- Assist guests with product recommendations and locations, product requests and special orders.
- Assist in ordering product
- Receive and store product deliveries.
- Oversee all aspects of produce/floral operations as person in charge in manager’s absence.
- Follow Busch’s safety standards.
- Provide input to manager concerning associate performance and departmental conditions.
- Ensure product is prepared to specifications.
- Exemplify key concepts of hospitality when interacting with guests.
- Provide solid leadership and guidance to direct reports.
- Contribute to organizational effectiveness by offering information, suggestions and recommendations.
- Communicate and work with other functional areas of Busch’s operations.
- Adhere to all Busch’s policies, practices and procedures.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by completing educational opportunities, reviewing professional publications, benchmarking state of the art practices and networking.
- Build strong working relationships with guests, vendors and associates.
- High school diploma. Bachelor degree preferred.
- 1 year experience in retail operations.
- Food safety certification.
- Proficient merchandising skills to plan and execute produce/floral displays designed to drive profit, create interest, perceived value and suggest meal solutions.
- Proficient management and leadership skills.
- Proficient organization and planning skills, especially to manage multiple deadlines and projects.
- Proficient communication and interpersonal skills, including written, verbal and listening skills.
- Proficient computer skills in excel, word and email. Able to learn and use a variety of proprietary applications and technology.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
Busch’s is a family owned premier grocery retailer with multiple stores in Southeast Michigan. We are consistently recognized by our guests as an industry leader when it comes to service, product selection, store design and overall atmosphere. You can take pride in being a member of the Busch’s family and working in an environment where we truly care about our guests and the products we serve. We also take great care of the associates that take care of our guests. At Busch’s, we realize that without caring, motivated and personable associates, there would be no guests to serve.