Starting Up To: $15.50/hr
Calling all Foodies! Don’t romaine calm, Busch’s is HIRING! Do you love food, fun and people? Are you looking for growth, development and excellent wages? We could make the perfect pear!
Our industry is ever changing and we are looking for individuals who are passionate about food and people. We are a family-owned, Michigan based company that is heavily rooted in the communities we serve. Busch’s offers its employees benefits such as employee discounts, medical benefits including dental and optical, 401K with company match (restrictions apply) and even tuition reimbursement for qualifying students!
- Build department sales by answering questions and assisting guests with purchases
- Make recommendations to guests on types of cuts, methods of preparation and meal suggestions
- Determine cutting needs based on guest demands
- Custom cut meat products according to guest requests
- Cut and process all fresh meat products according to quality specifications
- Receive, verify and store department deliveries
- Package and price product
- Rotate and cull product to ensure freshness
- Scan waste to ensure accurate shrink recording
- Grind meats following prescribed procedures
- Promote various products by preparing and offering samples
- Set and maintain service and self service cases
- Clean and sanitize department, equipment, work areas, service areas, containers and utensils
- Follow safe food handling and personal hygiene practices
- Follow safety practices, including Lockout/Tagout of equipment
- Ensure all product, ready to heat items and special orders are prepared to specifications
- Adhere to all Busch’s policies, practices and procedures
- Build strong working relationships with guests, vendors and associates
- Exemplify key concepts of hospitality when interacting with guests
- High school diploma
- Knowledge of various cuts of beef, pork, veal, lamb and poultry
- Knowledge of preparation of various cuts and types of meats and poultry
- Food safety certification preferred.
- Proficient communication and interpersonal skills, including written, verbal and listening skills
- Proficient selling skills, including the ability to ask questions, listen and make product recommendations
- Proficient merchandising skills to ensure fresh and appealing service and self service displays
- Proficient cleaning abilities to meet sanitation and visual standards
Busch’s is a family owned premier grocery retailer with multiple stores in Southeast Michigan. We are consistently recognized by our guests as an industry leader when it comes to service, product selection, store design and overall atmosphere. You can take pride in being a member of the Busch’s family and working in an environment where we truly care about our guests and the products we serve. We also take great care of the associates that take care of our guests. At Busch’s, we realize that without caring, motivated and personable associates, there would be no guests to serve.