We’re looking for a candidate to fill this position in an exciting company.
- Develops, implements and evaluates nursing care programming to address substance use needs
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary team members to develop, implement and evaluate patient care for people with substance use needs
- Participates in the Primary Care Quality Assurance program including assisting with Quality Assurance audits as assigned; Identifies quality issues and opportunities for improving quality of care
- Completes steps to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations regarding Medication Assisted Treatment
- Acts as coordinator of Opiate Overdose Prevention Program to ensure staff are trained and have supplies to provide patients with training and medication
- Serves as clinical MAT and substance use resource specialist available to providers and other staff
- Support new providers in becoming waivered and through the process to start prescribing MAT
- Screens and assesses substance-using individuals at Brooklyn sites to determine their appropriateness and readiness for treatment, including medication assisted treatment (MAT) and carries out necessary interventions
- Completes internal and external training to maintain knowledge and skills related to nursing license, buprenorphine MAT, culturally competent service delivery, and other job-relevant topics. Maintains accurate, timely, and secure documentation of service provision using both electronic and paper systems.
- Develops of community relationships to identify collaborations and referral sources into the program
- Coordinates outreach to identify new patients with substance use disorders and connect already existing patients to care
- Responsible for reporting and completion of deliverables related to substance use nursing programming
- Updates policies and procedures related to provision of substance use care
Bachelor’s Degree or Associates Degree in Nursing from an accredited nursing program; RN credential; Experience as a nursing care practitioner providing integrated substance use treatment and behavioral health services. Two years of supervisory experience managing behavioral health, substance use or case management program