The Shift Team Leader leads/directs the Operations Shift Team, whose primary objective is to deliver safe, compliant, and reliable operation of their assigned process units. The Shift Team Leader is accountable for and continually focuses on the development of the unit personnel’s ability to safely operate and efficiently utilize process equipment, anticipate operational problems in advance, troubleshoot and respond to problems quickly. The Shift Team Leader will qualify as Shift Superintendent and to supervise multiple complexes in the refinery to fill for vacancies caused by vacation, illness, TAR, or open positions. It is expected that the position will fill supervisor roles >60% of the time. The remaining portion of time the position will support Operations Excellence and Continuous Improvement efforts for the Shift Team such as operator rounds, job duty books, procedures, alarm management, winterization, housekeeping, operations rigor, training, development, etc.
- Provides supervision and performance management to the Operators on their shift.
- Identifies improvement opportunities and may lead implementation of solutions.
- Delivers the unit/refinery operations plan and the items assigned within the shift plan.
- Ensures equipment for maintenance is properly prepared.
- Ensures constraints are proactively managed and the desired results are delivered on a daily basis.
- Ensures product quality issues are adequately managed and communicated to impacted parties (downstream units, schedulers, etc.).
- Identifies maintenance needs and initiates appropriate work requests
- Leads and completes quality start of shift crew meetings, log book entries, shift reliefs and shift plans .
- Ensures all compliance activities for that shift are completed.
- Ensures unit and personnel (BP and contractors) safety on their shift and the safe execution of all maintenance work.
- Drives operations excellence and continuous improvement initiatives within the Operations Shift Team.
Minimum of 5 years of experience in refining or petrochemical industry
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Associate degree in a technical area a plus
This vacancy has been posted internally in accordance with our Talent Acquisition Policy, which expects all employees to be in role for a minimum of 2 years before considering another position. If you have recently been placed in a new role as part of Reinvent, you will need to attach SVP approval to your application for any position.
Applications will be considered as per our usual process for out of scope employees such as Graduates and frontline teams, which were not part of Reinvent or in countries where an internal posting is required from a legislation perspective.
We also welcome external referrals for this position.
*For reference ( )If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test(and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ½” scalp, or > 2 cm/¾” body – arms & armpits/legs/chest)
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at ; or by telephone at .
Read the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?UO46q7c3dMwVsu6PwTuJzQk