Business: Boys Town
In a career as a Food Service Worker, your behind-the-scenes work is what leads to making the magic of our mission come true every day. Boys Town serves thousands of children and their families around the United States, which means that we need you to keep our operations running smoothly and efficiently. No matter your role at Boys Town, you contribute to helping us change the future of America’s youth.
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. with rotational schedule, 9:30 a.m. – 2 p.m. every 5 weeks
Location: Village of Boys Town (132nd and Dodge)
*This position is eligible for part time benefits, including pro-rated paid time off and participation in 401K!
- The Food Service Worker prepares and serves food, cleans and sanitizes kitchen and equipment, and ensures proper food storage.
- Sets up and serves food for regularly scheduled or special events; determines portions and utilizes resources efficiently.
- Prepares food or assists with food preparation as needed.
- Sets up and arranges food service dishes and condiments prior to meal service or event, ensuring quality and timeliness.
- Maintains proper HACCP food safety policies and sanitization procedures for service and for clean-up, including washing of dishes and equipment.
- Sanitizes and cleans kitchen and service area and dining room tables per daily, weekly, and monthly guidelines. Ensures food is properly stored and handled, and takes and records food temperatures as required.
- Replenishes dining area supplies including as dishes, pepper, and silverware; prepares area for next service as time permits.
- Maintains and records monthly inventory and ordering of supplies as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Previous work experience in food services is preferred.
- Available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Knowledge of Federal Sanitation regulations concerning facilities, equipment, and utensils.
- Knowledge of operation and maintenance of dish machine, ovens, steamers, slicers, freezers, and refrigeration.
- Ability to communicate in an articulate, professional manner.
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining quality standards.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town’s mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: September 23, 2020
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-.