Business: Boys Town
In a career as a Cook your behind-the-scenes work is what leads to making the magic of our mission come true every day. Boys Town serves thousands of children and their families around the United States, which means that we need you to keep our operations running smoothly and efficiently. No matter your role at Boys Town, you contribute to helping us change the future of America’s youth.
Schedule : Full Time, Monday – Friday, 5:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Location: Village of Boys Town (132 nd and Dodge)
- The Cook prepares assigned menu items and maintains a clean, organized kitchen.
- Prepares assigned menu items and serving line, sanitizes kitchen area and equipment, and ensures proper food storage.
- Prepares food for school the Visitor’s Center Café or for the school lunch program, evening meals, special events, and meetings including cooking, baking, shredding, and slicing. Prepares kitchen and food for following day as needed.
- Cooks quickly, efficiently and according to menu and recipes.
- Takes and records food temperatures according to Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) food safety policies; records temperatures again prior to service.
- Ensures that food is good quality and is ready on time.
- Determines correct food portions; utilizes kitchen resources efficiently.
- Arranges food for service and serves food ensuring appropriate utensils are used for serving.
- Sanitizes and cleans kitchen and service area and dining room tables at lunchtime; ensures food is properly stored and handled.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 6 months to 1 year of previous experience preferably including food services.
- Ability to communicate in an articulate, professional manner.
- Ability to use and troubleshoot kitchen appliances and cooking utensils to complete recipes.
- Knowledge of food safety regulations.
- Knowledge of basic math skills required to ensure accuracy of recorded yields.
- Ability to multi-task.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town’s mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: September 22, 2020
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-.