BLOX is creating the tools to convert a resistant Architecture Engineering and Construction Industry into a smart and efficient machine. BLOX is the prime manufacturer in the Design Manufacture Construct (DMC) system; we manufacture large building chunks that can transported and assembled on site into complex buildings quickly. We have 350+ employees, eleven production lines and significant growth through 2021.
DMC is a building delivery system that uses design to leverage manufacturing productivity so that construction is simple. Its goal is to make buildings twice as good, twice as fast, and with twice the value of those made by anyone, anywhere – 2x2x2. For those motivated to play a part in that change, this is an exciting time at BLOX.
We are seeking a full time Facilities Maintenance Technician to join our team!
The Facilities Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing routine building maintenance tasks. Performance of building maintenance tasks in one or more fields (e.g. carpentry, electrical, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC), plumbing, etc.). Performs general cleaning and other tasks as assigned.
This is a full-time, nonexempt hourly position, reporting to the Facilities Manager.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Paint, remodel, refurbish areas as needed.
- Repair roof and skylights, as necessary.
- Repair or Replace Standing Seam Wall Panels as directed
- Clean windows and glass doors
- Change of all filters for HVAC as required.
- Prepare areas for upcoming classes; remove or rearrange furniture for events or classes, as needed.
- Remove and properly dispose of all site related trash materials.
- Make repairs and upgrades to site plumbing (Sewer, Water, Storm)
- Change light bulbs, interior and exterior, as needed.
- Maintain exterior property including fencing and landscaping.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- On call maintenance for all facilities, 24/7
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
Education and Work Experience Requirements:
- High school education or equivalent
- 5-10 years of working experience in facilities maintenance
- Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing, and carpentry.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills, customer service oriented.
- Must be organized, detail oriented, self-motivated, and able to multi-task Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions:
- Ability to push/lift 75 pounds.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Bending at waist, sitting, kneeling, climbing, walking, crouching as job may require.
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures.
- Working in high noise levels requiring hearing protection
- Working around lubricants, solvents, batteries, cleaning fluids, paints
BLOX offers the full spectrum of comprehensive benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance. We also offer flexible spending accounts, paid time off, short term disability, long term disability, life insurance and a 401k plan with a matching contribution.
It is the policy of BLOX LLC to use ability and willingness to contribute to our team effort as the criteria for making employment related decisions, regardless of an individual’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or other protected status. In addition, we strictly prohibit the harassment of any employee because of his/her race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), disability, or other protected status.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?WbJ4YEKIAfoXxA1Amas53Qc