BioSpace has been engaged to seek individuals who are passionate about the future of genetic circuit therapeutics and have the energy and boldness to thrive and grow in a dynamic and fast entrepreneurial environment for a growing client’s organization.
The client is seeking a team-oriented scientist or engineer to join the organization’s viral vector core to support process development of novel cell and gene therapies. A successful applicant will be able to generate multiple viral vector preparations, design and execute experiments, and work collaboratively to meet time sensitive requests. Applicants should have current knowledge of molecular and cell biology, protein production and purification techniques.
- Viral vector manufacturing of gene circuit construct candidates using the organization’s proprietary production platform.
- Execute protocols and processes to ensure quality of viral vector materials.
- Design processes and execute experiments to improve overall system performance.
- Analyze and present data at cross-team functional meetings.
- Communicate design ideas and translate relevant information into process improvements.
- Interface with research and development teams to support their viral vector needs.
- Perform routine cell culture maintenance, cell counting, as well as media and buffer formulation.
- Routinely enter data into electronic lab notebook system and worksheets.
- Maintenance of lab supply inventory and reagent stocks.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related scientific or technical field.
- 3+ years of research experience in a laboratory setting, preferably at a core facility or vector process development in a company setting.
- Team player, proactive and willing to work in a small team environment.
- Proficient with MS office and other commonly used software and technology platforms.
- Self-motivated and eager to take on temporary responsibilities outside of the initial job description to support the team.
- Hands-on proficiency with retroviral vector production, suspension fermentation, and/or protein purification preferred.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?6MBs0TvSjeDFcof4IJnaQAy