Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
The location for the Sr. Director of Operations is flexible and can be based out of the Dallas/Fort Worth area, Houston, or Oklahoma City
The Sr. Director of Operations is accountable for overseeing the performance and operations of multiple plants within their manufacturing region including the production of baked goods that meet quality, cost, and efficiency standards. The Sr. Director of Operations drives performance through the development of short and long-term operating goals and standards for continuous improvement, quality, cost reductions, production volumes & efficiencies, and safety. Responsible for financial reporting and providing feedback to management on plants’ profitability and to evaluate improvement against goals.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Oversee manufacturing operations for a multi-site region of commercial baking facilities to ensure each location achieves high performance standards in all manufacturing metrics & KPI’s.
- Lead a culture focused on continuous improvement in the areas of associate engagement, being a zero injury workplace, and delivering sustainable results.
- Partners with peers in matrix organizations including Supply Chain, Engineering, Quality Assurance, R&D, Sales, Human
- Relations, Finance, and other departments in order to coordinate all phases of operations and provide the best product and service to customers.
- Directly supervises Plant Leaders responsible for all aspects of production and achieving key performance measurements related to personnel safety, quality and food safety, service, and cost, while continually improving process reliability and performance.
- Development, assessment, modification, and implementation of standard procedures and operating systems in sanitation, safety, quality, preventative maintenance, and GMP’s. Track and ensure adherence to Quality, Safety, and Best
- Practice Implementation KPI’s.
- Build a culture of mutual respect, teamwork, and professionalism, demonstrating active support if the Company’s values and policies.
- Extend capabilities to meet market needs and support profitable growth of the products produced by the facility.
- Build an organization that is customer focused, flexible, and has a strong business acumen.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (“BBUSA”) includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- This position requires the incumbent to have in-depth knowledge of baking science and technology, process control and improvement tools.
The ideal candidate will possess the following competencies:
- Results Orientation. Managers who demonstrate this ability are focused on improving business results. The Director of Operations will be capable of introducing incremental improvements in the business practices, using analysis, or cost-benefits analysis, to establish new ways of doing things, thus improving performance. The Director of Operations will be able to define and examine key issues and alternatives, evaluating costs, risks and benefits for the organization. Accountability and a sense of urgency are a must.
- Change Leadership. Managers who demonstrate this ability improve the performance of the business by motivating associates to make changes. The Director of Operations will be capable of mobilizing others to initiate change and orchestrate the pace and process of change, will be able to encourage others to look for opportunities for change, and act to influence various individuals internally and externally, giving them a specific role within the change effort.
- Learning and Adopting Best Practices. Managers who demonstrate this ability are able to learn n new approaches and concepts, identify and develop new ideas or best practices, and apply them to their business. They also show the desire to learn (intellectual curiosity), seeking continuous self-improvement and growth within the organization. The Director of Operations will be capable of implementing improvements based on benchmarks and use those productivity benchmarks from similar companies to measure the productivity of their own facility and to implement improvements to reach benchmark levels of efficiency. A candidate who has held a series of positions with increasing responsibility and moved a number of times, either externally and/or internally, while continuing to be successful will be desirable.
- Strategic Thinking with Business Insight. Managers who demonstrate this ability understand the company’s competitive context. They show a wish to learn about the business, possess analytical and conceptual abilities, and a capacity to formulate a plan that will impact the company in a positive way. The Director of Operations will understand the business and as such be able to define his/her own plan within the general company strategy and communicate clearly to the team.
- People Oriented Leadership. Managers who demonstrate this ability focus on optimizing, developing, and improving work teams. They are interested in people; in increasing their productive performance and ensuring their personal development. They are Managers who achieve a balance between the productive and the humane, and at the highest level of competence, they succeed in inspiring others to be better. The Director of Operations will be able to operate in a team based environment and by doing so will empower the team and delegate responsibilities, allowing the team to operate in an autonomous way which will allow the team members to carry out plans and goals agreed upon by themselves, ensuring ownership of decisions and promoting individual accountability.
Education and Work History:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Business, Engineering, or a technical field a plus. Master’s degree or MBA is desirable.
- A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
- 12+ years of increasingly responsible manufacturing experience, at least 5 years which must be in the food industry.
- 8+ years of direct management experience. Management of multiple plants and departments preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership of safety initiatives and track record leading the improvement of operations while delivering day to day performance.
- Strong understanding and exposure to the operations of all plant departments: production, quality, maintenance, materials management, controllership, etc.
- Participative management style and excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience building a strong management team and promoting teamwork in multiple locations across all departments.
- Strong business acumen and working knowledge of continuous improvement, equipment design and installation, project management, and financial reporting.
*The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?3p15RJMVILz8h6cmXk7GtAr