- Essential Job Functions:
- Requiring daily supervision to participate in a wide array of biophysics protocols for a diverse client base that includes pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
- Receives detailed instruction on new assignments and next steps.
- Maintains research notebooks in a well-organized manner. All necessary documentation is recorded.
- Complies with all safety rules, practices good housekeeping, and maintains safe workplace without supervision.
- Regularly reviews goals and objectives with supervisor.
- Notifies supervisor of any problems and makes logical suggestions of likely causes of problems.
- Ability to learn the use of semi-automated liquid dispensers, plate readers, and other lab instruments is a plus
- Performs routine calculations, tabulates, and records results. Maintains, calibrates laboratory equipment and coordinates maintenance with vendors.
- Assumes responsibility for technical accuracy of work.
- Ability to run assays based on established protocols. Works on assignments with a diverse team of scientists to facilitate running a Biophysics laboratory and meeting client timelines.
- Makes decisions based on an understanding of client program goals.
- Communicates frequently with client and provide frequent update reports.
- Experience in any of the following areas of Biopysics:
- Required: LCMS (e.g., high-throughput QQQ and high resolution TripleTOF/etc.) and/or Surface Plasmon resonance (SPR).
- Experience in Microscale-thermophoreses (MST), TSA/DSF, ASMS, BLI, ITC, DSC, fluorescence-based assay technologies, etc., are a plus.
- Other areas of interest: 1) biochemical assays including determination of steady-state kinetic parameters and elucidation of inhibitor/binder mechanism of action; 2) experience with high-throughput screening (HTS) and small-molecule drug discovery.
Experience / Education
- Minimum: MS degree + 0 or BS degree + 3 years of experience in biophysics
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Ability to think critically and scientifically
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to search scientific literature and suggest protocols and methods
- Expert knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within biological R&D laboratory setting
- Well organized, detail oriented, and adaptable to changes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Computer skills: knowledge of internet research, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Ability to learn instrument and data analysis software.
- Good time management and multi-tasking skills in order to complete multiple projects within timelines.
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload and manage changes in direction
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Records experimental procedures and results in notebook
- Regularly reviews goals and objectives with supervisor
- Demonstrates competence in relevant technical aspects of scientific discipline which allows for increasing level of independence
- Demonstrates attention to details and concern for impact
- Must be able to work in an office environment with minimal noise conditions.
- Must be able to work in Lab setting with exposure to Animals/biohazards / Chemicals (List specific Chemicals)
- Must not have animal allergies to applicable species in this facility
- Must be able to wear appropriate PPE
- Must be able to work in environment with variable noise levels
- Ability to stand /Sit/walk for long periods of time
- Ability to Lift 10 lbs. routinely
- Ability to crouch, bend, twist, and reach
- Ability to push/pull 10 lbs. routinely/ often / occasionally
- Clarity of Vision
- Ability to identify and distinguish colors
- Must be able to perform activities with repetitive motions
- Ability to climb Ladders / Stairs / Scaffolding
- Ability to work in variable temperatures high to freezing
- Inside/outside working conditions
– provided by Dice
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?H4pQGBEKaBJNsWvWNcJ9gwa