Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The Entry level Cook has a positive work ethic and limited kitchen knowledge, and is dedicated to learning the business as they work with other cooks, Executive Chef and/or Sous Chef. He/She will be trained on the importance of standards, speed, and quality and will be expected to demonstrate competence within these standards after training.
Works under the Executive Chef, Sous Chef and other line cooks to prepare and cook the necessary quantities of food and carry out established quality standards. Possessing limited knowledge of cooking techniques and practices,
- Entry Cook is expected to learn the station assigned and be able to maintain it on a daily basis.
- Ability to work off prep list and complete station setup in time allotted, fabricate items to standard during service and complete prep list for next service period.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with chef and sous chef to ensure that customer needs are met. Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- Must be able to speak, comprehend, and understand English
- Must be able to work weekends, and holidays as required
- Must be able to lift and carry 50lbs
- Must be able to work overtime if needed during high volume part of the season
- Must be able to talk and hear directions in a loud kitchen environment
- Must be able to assure safe and clean work condition for all personnel
- Previous cooking experience highly preferred
- Must be able to work in a loud, hot kitchen for up to 8 hours during a shift
- Must follow all policies and procedures for the Food and Beverage Department and Vail Resorts
We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Then Beaver Creek is for you.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 267413
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?vP8CQs4Dqg7fD95GaneTPQn