A new tab will open
- Prior experience within a Wholesale Channel is preferred but not required
- Ability to manager remote staff that in both East and West time zones
- Staff the UW department with appropriate headcount and skill sets to match volume fluctuations.
- Implement all credit policy with any eye to managing within the LOS (Encompass)
- Experience with Encompass is a plus
- Work closely with Sales and Operations staff on dept. policy and procedures and manage execution and action plans.
- Maintain department SLA’s
- Manage/Oversee 3-5 UW managers (40+Uwers)
- Continue to innovate the remote work environment within the wholesale channel
- Improve UW efficiency within the channel
- Maintain high levels and customer and employee satisfaction within the channel
- Coordinates underwriting activities with client management and loan closing teams
- Ensures and upholds fair lending practices; meets targets for productivity, quality and customer satisfaction
- Work closely with senior level Management on channel related initiatives.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 15-20 years’ mortgage banking experience
- Minimum of 5-10 years’ experience in an underwriting role
- Strong knowledge of FHA, VA and Jumbo guidelines preferred
- Knowledge of QM/ATR requirements
- Prior management experience is required.
Must also have the following demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- General knowledge of Mortgage Banking origination practices, procedures, regulations and laws.
- Thorough knowledge of all GSE underwriting requirements as it pertains to Correspondent TPO Lending.
- Strong understanding of the operational responsibilities involved in the purchase and transfer of whole loan assets as it pertains to credit quality
- Skill in negotiating issues and resolving problems
- Working knowledge of WORD, EXCEL, POWER POINT and ACCESS, Skills in effective verbal and written communications, including active listening, and presenting findings and recommendations
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with co-workers, staff and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment
This job description is intended only to describe the general nature of the position and does not constitute an all-inclusive list of duties, nor of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the job.
To Apply: Click Here