This position works as a team partner with the teacher in developing activities for preschool children to provide an appropriate learning environment. Assistance is given to the teacher in carrying out the goals, policies, and activities designed to implement educational objectives and performance standards. This position may be assigned additional duties based upon program needs and areas of developing expertise.
- Assist in developing learning materials and providing activities outlined on the lesson plan and related to the cultural background of the children and families served.
- Provide instructional services to students under the guidance of the classroom teacher.
- Participates in the screening, observation, and documentation of progress in the GOLD online system.
- Record and maintain student records such as Portfolios, AM/PM Checklist, Toothbrushing Logs, Cleaning Logs, etc.
- Ensures that the classroom environment is clean and orderly.
- Assist in ensuring that all policies and procedures related to education and safety for children are followed.
- Generates and documents in-kind and volunteer timesheets.
- Contributes to the collection and edit processes of correct documentation for the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) by entering the point of service meal counts in appropriate forms or software used by the program to support claim reimbursement.
- Assist with students exhibiting behavioral/management needs.
- Assumes the lead role in the teacher’s absence.
- Makes home visits with the teacher as required or requested.
- Performs any other duties as may be required.
REQUIRED: High School Diploma and Preschool CDA, or Current College Student with Preschool CDA
PREFERRED: Early Childhood Education Associates’ Degree
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?qO%2fUyymr5d2YrVdbz3kqFgu