Position Title: Credit and Collections Manager
Immediate Supervisor Title: Group Financial Controller
Location: New Kensington, PA
FLSA Status: Salaried Exempt
Brief Summary of Position Purpose:
The Credit and Collections Manager is responsible for the accounting processes associated with revenue and receivables of the business through billing and invoicing, processing customer payments, managing customer credit and collections in a methodical, organized manner.
- Performs daily customer invoicing and related accounting and administrative activities
- Review invoices for proper sales tax treatment
- Enter/send invoices to customer-specific payment portals
- Manage advanced billings and deferred revenue calculations
- Issues credit memos as appropriate for returned goods or other adjustments
Accounts Receivable and Collections
- Processes and applies customer payments (Domestic and International) via ACH, lockbox, checks and credit card
- Manages, monitors, and reconciles accounts receivable aging.
- Identifies and resolves invoicing/payment issues by coordinating with customers, customer service, shipping, and sales
- Manages receivables to improve DSO and minimize bad debt write-offs.
- Pursues delinquent accounts when necessary utilizing progressive means including statements, emails, letters, and calls before escalating
- Processes customer credit applications and utilizes credit reporting systems and reference checks to establish or recommend customer credit limits and terms
- Monitors, evaluates and maintains existing customer credit limits and terms
- Executes the customer order credit release process
- Assist management in setting, standardizing, and formalizing global customer credit terms and limits.
- Prepares reports, analysis and metrics to communicate results, effectively manage processes, and optimize cashflow.
- Performs month-end closing activities and reconciliations to ensure that all transactions are complete, and recorded a timely and accurate fashion
- Identifies and participates in process improvements
- Manage requests for Certificates of Insurance (COI’s) and W9s, when needed
- Support and prepare documentation for financial and tax audits
- Creates and maintains policy, process and work procedure documentation
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, or Business (or equivalent financial discipline)
- NACM or similar credit & collection certification highly desirable
- 4+ years of experience in A/R and credit roles in a business-to-business environment, preferably manufacturing or distribution.
- Credit and Collections background (especially with liens, agencies, Bankruptcy codes, and current credit practices).
- Familiarity with midsize or larger ERP/Accounting software (Epicor, Infor, Sage, Dynamics, SAP, Oracle, etc.)
- Multi-company and multi-currency accounting experience helpful but not required.
Required Skill Sets: (e.g., computer skills, communications, math, etc.)
- Outstanding attention to detail, accuracy, data entry, and organization skills.
- Familiarity with clerical practices, office procedures, and automated equipment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, and Office applications.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet required timelines.
- Problem solving experience with ability to communicate with cross functional groups.
- Professional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Capable of maintaining confidentiality.
- Personal background and credit checks required for employment clearance.
Physical Demands: (e.g., lifting, travel, etc.)
- Position requires concentration, accuracy, and focused mental effort.
- Data entry speed and accuracy.
- Works in normal office environment.
- Occasionally may push or pull up to 5 pounds and rarely lift or carry up to 5 pounds.
Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals to perform the essential functions of this job.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?6OAC9vrYvh%2bc%2fIBGqMB%2fBQv