Leading High Frequency Trading house is currently targeting an ambitious, strategic and high performing Financial Controller to build out its US entity finance division.
The institution has experienced exponential growth and expansion into the Americas region follows success in the build out of its London and Asia offices.
This seat will only suit the most ambitious of finance candidates who are looking for steep trajectory. It is likely this role will lead to Head of Finance Americas or Americas CFO and therefore the right candidate will already be visualising their career along a similar path.
There is significant growth plans for the New York based office and this will run parallel with the responsibility in the role; as the US entity grows so will the duties in this position.
The duties in the role will include but not limited to:
- Responsible for all areas of the Finance function for US entity
- Responsible for all core accounting and front to back/month end accounting including all posting and reconciliations of all transactions
- Financial ledgers and financial transactions for US GAAP, IFRS and SEC Broker-Dealer rules
- Accounting of income statements and balance sheets and ensuring accuracy and efficiency around all postings
- Regulatory fillings – FOCUS, CUSTODY, SIPC and 17(H)
- Internal and external stakeholder management
- Internal stakeholders including C-Level suits presenting financial accounts and analysis and providing regular analysis to the London Finance team to facilitate consolidation of global results
- External liaison including auditors on the preparation of statutory financial statements under US GAAP and IFRS
- Local tax filings
- Maintaining all financial systems and reporting from the SAP ledger, Purchase Order system, related databases and banking platforms
- Managing margin requirements of the trading business as well as managing intra-day regional margin calls in conjunction
- Treasury management
- Working with Developers to automate and streamline accounting and financial reporting
We envisage that the most suitable candidate for this role will be CPA Accounting Qualified from a reputable institutional accounting house twinned with experience of the above at a rival High Frequency Trading house, Investment Bank or Asset Manager.
This type of profile will be matched with the desire to join a finance build out proposition, an interest in High Frequency Technology, automation and the work ethic to take responsibility of the more administrative month end tasks as well as the more strategic duties.
More detailed experience required will include coverage of;
- Preparing financial statements and managing external audit process
- Experience of US GAAP and IFRS
- SEC Reporting
- Experience of tax regimes in US
- Core accounting and month end process
- Experience in automating finance systems and processes, coding desirable but not a prerequisite
- Qualified Accountant
- Series 27
The role makes for an exceptional and unique opportunity that should entice those who are already in a comfortable position, but who are attracted by the chance of making a significant step forward in their career.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?CVZSAZ%2b0O0dojP0xFdKiJQb