Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Attitash Mountain is operating an in person hiring event on January 26, 2021 in order to hire Lift Operators. The event will take place from 1pm-3pm at the reserved parking area adjacent to the Attitash Base Lodge.
As part of Vail Resorts, all Attitash employees receive a FREE ski pass providing access to all of our 34 iconic ski resorts across North America. Employees and dependents can ski anytime, including weekends, with no reservations required (with the exception of possible blackout days if limited terrain is open).
- Please complete your application so that we can process your information into our hiring system and begin your journey to becoming a Vail Resorts team member. If needed, instructions and assistance to complete your application will be provided on the day of the hiring event.
- It is required that you wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth while onsite at our resort, whether inside or outside.
- If you are ok with getting hired remotely and can start sooner than the date of this hiring fair, or are interested in a role other than what is listed below, please visit jobs.vailresortscareers.com to complete an online application for the specific role and one of our team members will contact you to process your application.
Job Descriptions for roles available:
Lift Operator: is the copilot, concierge and safety engineer of a multi-million dollar machine. You are responsible for the safe, friendly and efficient travel of our guests and fellow teammates as they navigate premier terrain. Make our guests feel welcomed by joining our team as a Lift Operator!
Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor the operation of the lift continually and notify the appropriate personnel of any problems or unusual conditions
- Maintain a safe work area, i.e., ramp heights, tools stored, mazes set up etc.
- Adhere to all ski/ride policies, i.e., Responsibility Code, designated trails, skiing/riding on and off the clock etc.
- Pleasantly greet, make eye contact, listen to and respond appropriately to every guest’s needs and or questions, in person, outside of the lift building
- Actively and efficiently perform maze control
- Abides by operating procedures, i.e., opening procedures, downloading procedures, last chair protocol, etc.
- Follow and perform all company and departmental policies and procedures i.e., punctuality, attendance, dress and grooming standards, etc.
- Ensure recycled materials are disposed of properly
- Help to preserve our natural environment
- Help guests and fellow teammates enjoy their time on the mountain
- Remember that fun is our product- create fun, enjoy your work and share the contagious spirit
- Must be able to stand outside in inclement weather for long periods of time
- May lift up to 100 lbs., assistance is available for heavy lifting.
- Must be able to make quick decisions regarding safety.
- Must be able to maintain control and rational demeanor in emotionally charged situations involving guests and/or employees.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays as needed
Benefits for all positions include:
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
Attitash makes everyone feel like family, guests and employees alike. With consistent, high-ratings on the friendly staff, why wouldn’t you want to join the camaraderie? Join our team and help us share ultimate mountain adventures with our guests.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 279690
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?PugskSDsdHMKC8Bk2XBLBwl