The Insurance Specialist is responsible for providing front line flood insurance customer service by direct contact with clients, customers, and lenders. This is principally done through receiving or placing telephone calls, electronic mail, fax or regular mail. This family works with the more complex company products and services and client relationships. Most of these activities follow standard procedures and policies with more senior levels using greater latitude and judgment in responding to inquiries.
- Respond to detail policy coverage inquiries
- Recognizes potential problem areas and takes necessary action to achieve resolution.
- Responds in a timely manner to all client, customer and lender requests.
- Analyzes customer needs, determines appropriate actions and provides applicable requirements for resolution.
- Uses computerized systems for providing and updating customer policy and billing information to the client or customer.
- Responsible for updating Excel spread sheets and verifying information
- Conducts loss run reports.
- Verify accuracy by editing business reported, reconciling and balancing accounts.
- Distributes appropriate insurance policy, certificate, endorsements and other literature to client/customer/agent.
- Responsible for processing a high volume of inbound calls from clients, insured’s, lenders and other internal areas.
- Provides status on existing policy to either policyholder and/or client by responding to their questions on coverage, billing, premium and procedures.
- Reviews supporting documentation for completeness and accuracy.
- Code, and update renewals, endorsements, and cancellations using standard contracts.
- Updates Policy Management System in order to maintain data integrity of information.
- Resolution of customer issues and refers escalated items to higher levels for guidance.
- Researches information in order to provide customers with accurate coverage and policy information.
- Corrects system errors.
- Maintains client relationships via quality customer service and timely processing of additional request through fax/email (changes, cancellations, etc.).
- Knowledgeable of complex products related to Property & Casualty business and additional product/services associated with the company.
- Follows standard procedures, underwriting guidelines and state filings.
- Other duties as assigned by management and may support other departmental areas based on business need.
- Knowledgeable of multiple applications including mainframe and web-based systems.
- High School/GED
- 1 year of customer service-related experience
- Learns how to assess customer needs.
- Computer literate with emphasis on Microsoft Office Excel and Windows.
Hours to include some overtime and weekends as required by business needs. Hours and schedule could shift as dictated by business needs.
- Knowledge of Insurance Industry
- Understanding of call center environment and importance of service standards.
- Develops a basic understanding of the Property Operations process.
- Understanding of Web systems and utilizes them effectively to resolve customer issues.
- Utilizes multiple systems to research coverage and coverage related questions.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?TkItgl9WCGGLrYY1lsQ8MQe