Title: Research Associate II
Location: South San Francisco, CA (applicants must already be local)
Type: Initial 6-month contract (expectation to extend out 1-3 years based on performance and other factors)
Department: Pathology / Research Functions
Hours Per Week: 40.00
This is within our client’s Pathology Service lab
update from the hiring team:
- Recent hands-on Immunohistochemistry (IHC) lab techniques experience
- MUST know how to set up assays and troubleshoot assays (preferably immunofluorescence (IF) assays and IHC assays
Open to BS/MS/PhD open on exp. as they just need recent exp. from above
Are you open to candidates with only academic experience? Only if they happen to have a TON of hands-on IHC techniques (which is not common in academic settings)
The main duties of the position include designing, planning and performing higher order multiplexed immunofluorescence (IF) assays, Ion Mass Spectrometry (IMC) assays or other multiplexed assays for projects within oncology, immunology and neurobiology. The individual in this position will independently conduct studies from inception through assay development/experimentation to data interpretation. Candidates should enjoy associated challenges such as implementing new technologies and working across functional groups. Other job relevant tasks include data acquisition (microscopy), image analysis, photographic documentation, recording, compilation, interpretation and presentation of results. In addition to strong scientific credentials, candidates must have a record of productivity as well as relevant professional experience. Candidates must enjoy handling multiple collaborative projects and working in a team-oriented environment. Excellent communication, multitasking, organization, record keeping, problem-solving skills and the ability to work effectively in a team are therefore essential.
- BA/BS/MS with 2 years of hands-on related experience
- Thorough understanding, hands-on experience and be proficient in: IHC techniques, in particular multiplexed methods.
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience with microscopy and histology is a must.
- A desire to perform bench-work.
- Experience with imaging mass cytometry (IMC) and image analysis is a plus.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?kuFVKk7EO7derFrUQYe6rAo