We Are Hiring: Priest
Shift: PRN ** As needed**
St. Agnes hospital is looking for an ordained Roman Catholic priest. St. Agnes associates are leaders who follow their heart. We give, grow, connect and provide care; together as a team we are committed to our mission of serving the poor and vulnerable.
What You Will Do: Provide pastoral ministry to Catholic patients and their families, leads associates in appropriately addressing the needs of Catholic patients and address the spiritual needs of the organization through worship, sacraments, and religious rituals.
- Coordinate ministry to Catholic patients with staff chaplains as well as other patients.
- Administer Catholic Sacraments including daily Mass and Sacrament of the Sick and conducts other religious rituals as needed.
- Assess and respond to the spiritual and emotional needs of those counseled, including crisis intervention and bereavement.
- Document visits and interventions in the medical record and in appropriate department tracking tools.
What You Will Need: Education:
- Master s Degree in Divinity, Theology, Philosophy, Pastoral Ministry, or a related field is required.
- Ordained as a Roman Catholic Priest is required.
- Faculties granted by the local ministry’s diocese is required.
- Completion of 1 unit of CPE is preferred.
- 1 year of pastoral experience in a healthcare setting is preferred.
Why Join Our Team: Serving the greater Baltimore area, Ascension Saint Agnes is recognized as an employer that provides an open, highly collaborative work environment where our workforce reflects the diversity of those we serve. We offer a place of respect and inclusion for all associates as well as a rich learning environment and countless opportunities for career growth and professional development. As an associate, you will find rewarding career opportunities within our 254-bed, full-service teaching hospital, the Saint Agnes Medical Group, Seton Imaging Center and Saint Agnes Foundation.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites of care – including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Ascension Saint Agnes is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Associates and Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice:
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
E-Verify Statement: This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
Right to Work
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?4NRw5T60Cbg7WvbdgBtUNQc