We Are Hiring:
Ascension Health is searching for an Ethics Manager, with a strong ethics background, to join the largest ethics team of any Catholic organization.
Competitive Compensation / Excellent Benefits / Generous PTO
As an associate of the national healthcare system Ascension, you will enjoy a full benefits package that boasts affordable health coverage. In addition, you have opportunity for advancement or relocation throughout your career!
For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It’s an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.
What You Will Do:
As an Associate with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to manage the development and implementation of policies, procedures and strategies for issues regarding bioethics and organizational ethics.
- Provide clinical ethics consultation for complex cases at the request of unit-based Ethics Point Persons imbedded within the health ministry or specific to the unique clinical service lines within the health ministry
- Provide health ministry specific support to the Director of Ethics Integration in the development of Ethics Committee infrastructure necessary for effective, sustainable, and self-sufficient operations so those committees are empowered to integrate and embed Ethics into clinical operations at the local health ministry
- Assist and support mission integration initiatives specific to ethics programing within the health ministry as directed by the Director of Ethics Integration and relative to health ministry specific needs
- Assists with developing and providing ethics education resources and programs.
- Serves as a resource to leadership, committees and teams requiring ethics representation.
What You Will Need:
- Master’s in Healthcare Ethics, Bioethics or Theology required.
- PhD preferred.
- 3 years of experience required.
- 5 years of experience preferred.
- 1 year of leadership or management experience preferred.
Why Join Our Team:
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites of care – including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
Right to Work
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?lC9SPxxGM%2fimDoTKR2%2f2vAd