ASAP Solutions is filling an Assistant Controller position on a direct hire basis for a client located in Midtown. Position will be remote until Covid settles. If interested, please submit resume through Dice for immediate consideration.
Manage the Accounting Department providing information, primarily financial in nature, about all organization activities that will assist Executive Leadership, Board of Directors and other users in making educated economic decisions about the organization’s future.
• Oversee the activities of the corporate accounting department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements and annual audits.
• Oversee the activities of the Senior Accountant over Accounts Payable, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, core employee expense reports, cash control, core payroll processing and total corporate payroll tax compliance.
• Oversee the activities of the accounts receivable department to ensure the accurate and timely management of all pledges receivable aging components including billings, cash receipts application, etc;
• Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements and coordinating activities of external auditors;
• Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes and evaluating accounting and internal control systems:
• Evaluating the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed
• Overseeing regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and compliance
• Oversee the activities of payroll to include quarter and year-end payroll closing including federal and state reports.
• Corporate IRS compliance to assure the accurate and timely completion, review, and submission of all corporate returns.
• Establish and maintain systems and controls that ensure the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the company’s value.
• Respond to VP Finance as assigned with accurate and timely work to facilitate his financial needs.
• Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
• Communicate with co-workers, management, clients and others in a courteous and professional manner.
• Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
Financial Management, Technical Capacity, Performance Management, Ethical Conduct, Communication Proficiency, Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
This position is responsible for managing the accounting department.
Required Education and Experience:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
2. CPA certification.
3. Ten years of hands-on Accounting managerial experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
Job Type: Full-time
– provided by Dice
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?3Vt70PYrW2X6JdJsrfiMYwy