Requisition ID: 46595 Title: Regional Business Development Manager – Western USA Division: Arthrex, Inc. (US01) Location: Los Angeles, CA
Arthrex, Inc. is a global medical device company and a leader in new product development and medical education in orthopedics. Arthrex is actively searching for a Business Development Manager – West to manage and lead our initiatives with regards to our Arthroplasty product line for the Western United States. The successful candidate will build relationships with key customers and Arthrex agencies to help drive revenue and other initiatives. Excellent interpersonal, presentation and leadership skills along with five plus years or more of related experience and a bachelor’s degree are essential for this position. The position does require travel – approximately 75%+. Join our talented team at a global medical device company focused on Helping Surgeons Treat Their Patients Better™.
The Regional Business Development Manager, Arthroplasty will be responsible for overseeing and managing the Arthroplasty product sales performance, training, and other activities with the sales force, surgeons, and accounts within his/her respective region.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set business development strategy and asset deployment for agency Arthroplasty business. Follow up with agencies frequently to ensure strategy is being executed. When needed identify weaknesses and offer evidence-based solutions.
- Ensure agencies are properly structured to maximize growth and competency of product line. This generally includes assisting with recruitment of experienced Arthroplasty managers.
- Launch Arthroplasty new products within region. Re-launch when necessary.
- Govern Arthroplasty product pricing structure and qualifying discounts as they relate to volume and commitment levels. Heavy intervention is required here due to the strategic nature of the Arthroplasty product line. Working with local, regional and national buying groups is essential.
- Assisting representatives with evaluation and closing activities with key customers and reporting back to agencies on representative sales readiness as it relates to Arthroplasty.
- Training representatives on Arthroplasty products and sales cycle as needed.
- Communicating agency focus and structure as it relates to Arthroplasty to Director of Global Arthroplasty Business Development, Senior RM and VP Sales.
- Communicating product attributes and shortcomings to product managers and recommending product line enhancements.
- Collecting key competitive information and ensuring that knowledge drives both sales effectiveness and product development direction.
- Coaching, teaching, and when necessary directing Arthroplasty team via conference calls and in person visits on products/sales strategy/competitive info.
- Engage current and identify new Key Opinion Leaders for Local, Regional, and National peer to peer interactions.
- Lead or assist on 2-3 projects every 6 months.
- Up to 75% travel.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+ years sales experience with Arthroplasty products required
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Willing to work with cadaver specimens
- Knowledge of surgical orthopedics and Arthroplasty.
- Skilled in working with different functions and effectively coordinates their activities to achieve desired results.
- Excellent listening skills, including the ability to identify and isolate customers concerns or objections, in addition to excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong relationship building skills desired.
- Strong demonstrated leadership skills.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
Microsoft Office, PC and various and specialized software. Cognos experience a plus.
The territory for this position will cover the following states: California, Nevada, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, Montana, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan and Western PA. The ideal candidate will live near a major metropolitan airport in one of these states, preferably in Los Angeles, Phoenix or Denver.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?AKhuWvBUnsFO7yYrngym1Ap