Requisition ID: 47406 Title: Medical Receptionist Division: Arthrex, Inc. (US01) Location: Inc – Family Medical Center (US19) Main Objective:
Maintains billing and claims information in both clinic and insurance provider’s systems. Assists other clinic staff, greet patients and visitors. Schedules appointments and performs patient registration, medical chart maintenance, and the coordination of patient referrals. Greets patients and visitors in a courteous and professional manner and verifies patient contact and insurance information on file.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enters all relevant medical data into insurance provider’s claim system
- Assists with record keeping and billing
- Welcomes clients and patients by greeting patients and visitors, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Operates a multi-line phone system efficiently.
- Optimizes clients’ satisfaction, clinic staff’s time, and treatment room utilization by scheduling appointments in person or by telephone.
- Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying clinic staff of patient’s arrival.
- Answers clients’ questions; maintaining the reception area.
- Ensures availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records.
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and insurance information.
- Protects clients’ rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information.
- Maintains office supplies by checking stock to determine inventory level and anticipating and ordering needed supplies
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job.They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 2 years as a receptionist or similar job
- Medical background required
- Medical coding experience a plus
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Excellent telephone answering skills utilizing pleasant, professional phone voice/etiquette.
- Ability to multitask in a high paced environment
- Strong communication skills and ability to multi-task.
- Outgoing personality, highly organized, works well with others, friendly and dependable.
- Strong Attention to detail.
- Knowledge of standard office practices and procedures.
- Basic clerical and administrative skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a team-oriented environment.
- Bilingual a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?KTp74skQKYJy5gtg4nXfYwl