Communication is the pulse of Army National Guard units, and it’s up to the Signal Support Systems Specialist to ensure the information keeps flowing so the military doesn’t miss a beat.
Signal Support Systems Specialists are responsible for integrating signal systems and networks; performing signal support functions and unit-level maintenance on authorized signal equipment; and installing, operating, and maintaining radio and data distribution systems.
Advanced team members supervise and train other Soldiers; maintain and install signal support systems and terminal devices; provide technical assistance and training for automation and communications equipment; prepare maintenance and supply requests for unit-level signal support; and operate and perform preventative maintenance checks and services on assigned vehicles.
• Maintain radio and data distribution systems
• Perform signal support functions and technical assistance for computer systems
• Provide technical assistance and training for local area networks
• Maintenance for equipment, terminal devices, assigned vehicles, and power generators
Some of the Skills You’ll Learn
• Mechanical and electrical principles
• Preventive maintenance procedures
• Line installation and wiring techniques
• Communication security policies and procedures
• Interest in working with electronic equipment
• Interest in problem solving
Through your training, you will develop the skills and experience to enjoy a civilian career with companies that produce communications and electronic equipment. Additional study and two years of electronics experience will also qualify you for certification as an Associate Certified Electronics Technician.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to learn. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training for Signal Support Systems Specialists consists of 10 weeks of Basic Training, where you’ll learn basic Soldiering skills, and 18 weeks of Advanced Individual Training (AIT) which will include a combination of hands-on and classroom training.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?YMKjTTHrgGRJeSLCxBIYrAv