Brief Position Description:
Responsible for supervising employees, properly batching concrete in accordance with all specifications and mix designs and for the management and physical operation of the plant and surrounding property. Operates COMMAND concrete batching system to prepare batches of concrete in accordance with mix design and quality. Responsible for plant maintenance and housekeeping, paperwork processing and plant cleanup.
Responsibilities / Activities
• Monitor batch screens and receives orders from dispatch via computer. Verify batching orders received from dispatch facility.
• Batches concrete by operating and controlling batching equipment to produce specified concrete mix according to customer requests and design specifications. Loads ready mix trucks for delivery as scheduled to meet concrete orders from customers and communicates with drivers on an accurate and timely basis to
ensure delivery of concrete products.
• Maintains an accurate order of tickets for customer jobs to insure the correct ticket is coordinated with the scheduled truck and driver.
• Coordinates incoming materials, with material transport or management to maintain proper inventory levels of needed materials. Ensures materials are placed in appropriate bins.
• Schedule drivers based on customer demand, supervises Mixer drivers which includes proactively resolving employee behavior, work schedule and load quality, reviews and approves payroll, receives call-ins, administers discipline and performs annual reviews.
• Review driver’s logs and inspection sheets daily. Schedule trucks and compiles / publishes periodic production reports.
• Ensuring good customer relations, by communicating with customer and/or operation personnel any problems / issues in a timely fashion.
• Answers telephone, performs customer service duties, documenting company records
• Maintains housekeeping tasks of plant office and premises to conform to company and legal standards.
• Assists with plant inventory, to start up and/or shut down the plant daily.
• Assists in assuring drivers are performing pre-trip and post-trip inspections and
filling out necessary reports.
• Keep batch control office and drivers room clean and free of debris (including bathrooms).
• Complete daily logs, conduct and record product and handle paper work as directed from plant operation manual.
• Perform various quality control tasks such as moisture checks, slump tests, air entrainment tests and temperature of materials.
• Ensure compliance with safety, health and environmental policies, procedures and principles established by the company and government agencies.
• Maintain preventative maintenance logs for the plant
• Monitor chemical inventories to ensure volumes meet customer demand
• Assist with monthly EPA reporting requirements, establishing the environment as a priority in daily activities and act as a steward to the environment
• Performs and records product testing on a scheduled basis.
• Inspects plant equipment and facilities for mechanical problems and other equipment malfunctions, including trucks. Performs general maintenance on plant equipment and facilities and/or notifies management of maintenance and repairs needed.
• Assist plant management in on-site leadership for plant operators & drivers in relation to company procedures.
• Assist in the preparation and conduction of monthly safety meetings.
• Ensures Hours of service are followed and enforced
• Responsible for collection of COD’s daily.
• COMMAND Batching System
• Customer Relations
• Personnel scheduling and discipline
• Inventory management
• Asset maintenance and management.
Call for information or to apply go:
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?pPlOwfK%2fiLv3o4Ouzndcrwo