Molecular Technologist Opening in Waltham, MA!
Apex Systems combines with parent company On Assignment to make it the 2nd largest IT staffing agency in the country.
Apex has an opportunity for a Molecular Technologist role in Waltham, MA. This is a 1 year contract to hire position and the pay rate is flexible depending on experience. Here are the details:
For applicants who are interested in this opportunity; please send a Word resume to Michaela Forbes, Technical Recruiter, at .
Position: Molecular Technologist
Apex Job ID:
Location: Waltham, MA
Duration: 1 year contract to hire
We are looking for a candidate with experience working with nucleic acids in a CLIA environment. This is a great opportunity for you to get your foot in the door at a growing biotech company!
- Responsible for specimen processing, test performance, and for reporting test results.
- Performs only those high complexity tests that are authorized by the Laboratory Director and require a degree of skill commensurate with the individual’s education, training or experience, and technical abilities.
Each individual performing high complexity testing must
- Follow the laboratory’s procedure for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintain records of patient test results
- Adhere to the laboratory’s quality control policies, document all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance performed.
- Follow the laboratory’s established policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the laboratory’s established acceptable levels of performance.
- Be capable of identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either must correct the problems or immediately notify the General Supervisor, Technical Supervisor, Clinical Consultant, or Laboratory Director.
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications
- Except as specified in the qualifications, perform high complexity testing only under the onsite direct supervision of a General Supervisor qualified.
- Perform nucleic acid purification on clinical specimens
- DNA/RNA extraction, PCR, RT-PCR
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
• Must haves: PCR
• Nice to haves: CLIA experience
- Bachelor’s degree in biological or clinical laboratory sciences
- 1-3 years of experience in a molecular biology laboratory
- Experience with a Laboratory Information Management system (LIMS)
For this opportunity, you will also be eligible for benefits through Apex for the contract period, 401K, medical/health benefits options, a W2 hourly rate, weekly pay, and direct deposit!
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or . – provided by Dice
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?o3zZA%2bUD6SGbCEnODbznPQi