Sr Engineering Manager (POS)
Our client is looking to hire multiple Sr Engineering Managers for their ongoing evolution of their POS and Restaurant Technologies. For more information, contact Ryan Sedwitz at
We are seeking a skilled Principal Engineer to lead the transformation and ongoing evolution of our Point of Sale (POS) and Restaurant Technologies.
In this strategy and transformation focused role, you will partner with our Product Management and Architecture teams to define and oversee execution of the forward-looking vision of POS and Restaurant Technologies and the high-value transformation initiatives that will fuel our journey. Additionally, you will be the primary owner of our relationship with our 3 rd party engineering vendors.
That said, the biggest area of increase in our spending has been in technology, which is helping to drive our growth. We’re looking at how to use technology to improve the customer experience; build new customer experiences; reduce or eliminate repetitive tasks and make employees’ jobs more interesting and rewarding.
- Partner in the vision and lead the execution of a transformative roadmap of platform/capability delivery and innovation.
- Partner with the Product owner in story creation and acceptance criteria, and communicate tradeoffs effectively.
- Lead a team of 7+ software development engineers in delivery in the ADLC of our end-to-end POS and restaurant technology engineering and experience.
- Lead efforts to drive continuous improvement in delivery speed, quality, value and applied innovation.
- Share input on overall technological architecture of the products to Technology Architecture Leaders.
- Provide the team a roadmap for implementing software engineering practices for higher code quality.
- Share responsibility with Product Owner for building reusable and scalable components.
- Be a critical participant in the growth of your team members. Help them to craft improved products; become better developers; become better architects; become better business partners; and prepare them for bigger challenges.
- Be a practitioner and evangelist of DevOps and Test and Learn cultures.
- 7+ years of recent experience in legacy and modern POS / restaurant technology development and the underlying service-based ecosystem.
- 3+ years of people management experience.
- Experience leading a team of 7+ engineers.
- Experience in partnering with product and program management teams.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
- Knowledgeable in leading edge restaurant technologies and innovation with a focus on the QSR industry.
- Development experience in POS systems and C++ , C#, or Java
- Deep hands-on technical expertise in modernizing POS and related restaurant technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or . – provided by Dice
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?nIoAaHKcoi285wLsX9he7Ae