Senior/Principal Mechanical Design Engineer
Apex Systems is recruiting for a Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer with an established client in the Semiconductor industry.
Work with marketing, advanced technology and the program manager to develop systems design requirements for the next generation metrology systems. Assist the program manager, with inputs to the program schedules, evaluate skill set requirements and material cost. Provide periodic updates to management. Participate in establishing a roadmap for next generation mechanical systems.
As a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer on our team, you will be responsible for the development of major subassemblies of our next generation wafer inspection tools. Including, complete design process, requirements specification, feasibility studies, analysis and FEA modeling, conceptual and detailed design, procurement of prototype parts, prototype testing, system integration, and handoff to manufacturing.
This position requires good interpersonal skills to provide clear directions to other engineers working on projects. You would also, provide technical guidance to junior staff and write technical documents.
Creative approach to problem solving is indispensable. Work with a team of engineers to produce design concepts and apply first principles to determine feasibility. Create a team atmosphere that allows multiple point of views to be heard.
- PhD with 5+ years or Master’s in Mechanical Engineering with 10+ years with semiconductor product development experience is desired. Good understanding of SEMI design requirements.
- Excellent communications skill is necessary for this position, written and verbal.
- Precision machine design and mechatronics is necessary for this position. Design experience with flexures, piezo actuators, VCMs and other components typically used in sub-micron motion.
- Experience with measurement systems such as autocollimators, LVDT, capacitive sensors and accelerometers.
- Good understanding of EMI shielding, analog sensors and low voltage signals
- Proficient at finite element analysis for linear static, thermal transient and steady state. Some CFD experience a plus.
- Matlab Simulink system modeling and data analysis.
- Experimental design, quick turn experiments to retire design risks
- Material selection and manufacturing methods for precision machining.
- Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing methods and proper assignment of references planes.
- General knowledge of experimental mode shape testing
- Should have analytical skills to consider impact of designs at a system level
Doctorate (Academic) or work experience of 7 years, Master’s Level Degree or work experience of 8 years, Bachelor’s Level Degree or work experience of 10 years
Interested applicants can also email resumes directly to
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or . – provided by Dice
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?d6px1HJYfSPtgJr5G%2bBAZgq