Apex Systems is currently seeking a Senior Construction Project Manager in Columbus, Ohio to join a leading Energy and Utility organization.
- Manage a portfolio of predominately medium to high risk projects and/or a large program of projects within a matrix team environment.
- Provide leadership, direction, training, coordination, and effective communication to initiate, plan, execute, monitor, control, and close projects in a safe, efficient, economical, risk-balanced approach to achieve short and long range goals and to obtain maximum customer satisfaction.
- Develop relationships and effectively communicate with all stakeholders including internal customers, external customers, team members, suppliers, contractors, vendors, and industry peers.
- Apply economic analysis techniques and business acumen in project decision making and ensure alignment of project and company financial goals
- Influence the Engineering & Design, Procurement, Contracting, Estimating, and Construction procedures and processes to optimize a project.
- Identify opportunities for business process improvement across projects.
- Supervise up to 5 employees as assigned including duties such as completion of well written performance plans.
- Provide support to direct reports in their development activities and mentor other project and assistant project managers.
- Proven ability to manage a portfolio of large scale projects
- Effective and compelling communication
- Demonstrated level of successful project management, developed business acumen including some supervision of others
- Trained in areas of construction safety, negotiations, scope development and control, cost estimating, construction contracting, project controls and reporting, quality control, risk management
- Education: Bachelor Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Business
- PMP preferred
- Qualified experience includes work in project management, major construction field experience, project estimating, project controls, project engineering, and/or comparable internal or external experience in an engineering and/or construction environment.
- Demonstrated preparedness for specialist level PM knowledge capability in areas of construction safety, negotiations, scope development and control, cost estimating, construction contracting, project controls and reporting, quality control, risk management, etc.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or . – provided by Dice
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?49MvAlDOaUBlF1rSN%2f0iDAh