Senior Computational Biologist
Job Scope & Purpose:
Our top tier biotech client is seeking a Senior Computational Biologist to join their team and be pinnacle in the development of the computational unit within their company. This team is backed by Blue Chip investors and was founded by a mogul in the gene editing and transplantation space. Our client seeks a highly motivated and scientifically inspired computational biologist to collaborate in the design and analysis of gene-editing experiments and results.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Use computational methods, and use existing methods, to analyze animal tissues and cell lines to assist in design and assessment of gene-editing experiments.
- Perform multi-modal analysis of DNA, RNA, single-cell, ATACseq and methylation data, from multiple sequencing platforms, to identify SNPs, structural variants, copy number variants, alternative splicing, fusions, methylation and open chromatin regions.
- Use these multi-modal genomic results, in conjunction with health data from pre-clinical experiments to help in iterative design, validation, and assessment of our gene-editing experiments.
- Assist in CRISPR gRNA design for single targets and multiple targets.
- Work closely with gene-editing and immunology teams on design of experiments and analysis of data.
- Communicate our results both internally and to a broad scientific audience.
- Keep abreast of emerging methods in computational biology/bioinformatics and leverage innovative opportunities.
Primary Job Requirements:
- PhD in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology or related field, or equivalent experience, with at least 5 years of post-doctoral experience and a strong publication record
- Experience working with high dimensional ‘omics datasets; experience integrating ‘omics and medical data a plus
- Experience with DNA, RNA, single-cell and epigenetic data important
- Experience in the development and application of statistical/machine learning methods to the analysis of diverse biological and clinical datasets
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience in utilizing Python and R programming languages as well as bioinformatics pipeline development
- Strong collaboration skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Whether you are seeking a career change or simply interested in becoming part of our network, you will appreciate the ethics guiding each Stratacuity team member. We build lasting relationships with exceptional biopharmaceutical talent and take great care to protect your personal information. Upon receiving your inquiry, you may be directly contacted by a Stratacuity team member to discuss your career goals. We will not share your information with anyone without your direct prior consent.
PROVEN SCIENTIFIC PLACEMENT™
Stratacuity is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Stratacuity will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact us.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or . – provided by Dice
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?49MvAlDOaUC640qDcqqWGwh