8 Month Contract
Amazon – Alexa Devices
Location: Seattle or Austin
- Partner with hiring teams to build effective sourcing strategies. Assess talent and pre-close prospective candidates.
- Must understand how to recruit passive candidates and maintain network of potential candidates through pro-active market research and on-going relationship management; conducts in-depth interviews of potential candidates, demonstrating ability to anticipate hiring manager preferences through high offer-to-interview ratios.
- Recommend ideas and strategies related to recruitment of talent that will contribute to the long-range growth of the company, implementing any new processes and fine-tuning current processes for recruiting that fits within Amazon’s mission to deliver the highest quality results to the customer.
- Articulate in writing a plan with deliverables, timelines and a formal tracking process.
- Interview candidates within the framework of the position specification and Amazon’s Leadership Principles. Possess strong ability to screen, interview and prepare a candidate slate within an appropriate and consistent timeline.
- Participate in special projects/recruiting initiatives, including assessment of best practices in interviewing techniques, leveraging of internal sources of talent and identification of top performers for senior-level openings.
- Strong client focus and commitment to continuous improvement; ability to proactively network and establish effective working relationships, must pursue conscious cost-containment efforts in recruiting, continually seek new sourcing options, and develop creative approaches to delivering candidates to the customer.
- Strong communication skills, organizational and negotiation skills, with a keen focus on delivering business results
- Ability to execute recruiting strategy, including employer promotion in the marketplace, candidate management, diversity sourcing, and interview process management.
- Strong consulting skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, as a team leader and member.
- Possess strong analytic skills with ability to create, measure, and scale the right workflow between candidates, hiring managers, and the recruiting team.
- Experience recruiting for mid-senior level talent.
- Experience recruiting for design related roles such as UX Designers, UX Researchers, content strategy, Art Directors, and other types of design.
Have a good eye for strong design, and elevated taste level.
Reason for the request: need additional support – one of our businesses is expecting at least 20% growth and other teams are also growing exponentially
Motivators for this need: Skillset
Daily schedule & OT expectations: M-F, 40 hrs/wk 9-6pm PST
Typical task breakdown and rhythm:
- 80% of the day is sourcing and talking to candidates
- Will be assigned to specific REQs and have REQ ownership, but also could support pipeline focused.
- Every person on our team has side-projects they are involved in and these two workers will likely pick up some of that.
Interaction level with Team: Super collaborative and works very well together. We help other teams and groups if a candidate is a better fit for another position.
Chance for flex hours or remote: Hours flexible around business hours. Can be remote, however this role is very likely to convert to a full-cycle role and we need folks able to sit onsite in either Austin or Seattle. Will also be flexible with 1-2 days from home once we are back in office
Chance for extension later: Yes, to 11 months
This team is so collaborative and close. The HM is not someone who micromanages which give you space to do the work as you need to. While the metrics are important, they aren’t the entire source for performance and as long as you’re meeting them, you should be fine. The leadership style is growth oriented. Plus we support these really unique creative UX roles.
Years of experience required: 4-6 years of experience in a sourcing position with significant experience in creative role sourcing
Degrees or certifications required: None required
Disqualifiers: Will be disqualified if no creative sourcing and/or design recruiting experience. Anyone not able to work in a collaborative environment.
Best vs. average: has experience sourcing UX workers. Open to someone coming from Agency environment. Also open if they only have part-time experience support design sourcing. Needs to be comfortable following large-scale corporate recruiting processes.
Performance indicators: 10-20 REQ load at a time. If not REQ aligned, will have much lower metrics – 2-4 hires/month.
1. Ability to execute recruiting strategy, including employer promotion in the marketplace, candidate management, diversity sourcing, and interview process management.
2. 4-6 years sourcing experience
3. Experience recruiting for design related roles such as UX Designers, UX Researchers, content strategy, Art Directors, and other types of design.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or . – provided by Dice
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?d6px1HJYfSO5Kp1%2fsFhqEwq