Apex Systems is seeking a direct hire Plant Operator on Night Shift near New Haven, CT!
Direct Hire | Night Shift | DuPont Work Schedule
If interested, please send your resume directly to
The Plant Operator position consists of performing multiple job functions. These functions range from operating the plant from the control system, manually operating the equipment in the field, troubleshooting and rectifying processing problems, adjusting equipment electronically or manually to maintain standard operating parameters, recording computer and field readings, reporting maintenance related issues, maintaining personal and team safety while working in a secure and environmentally responsible manner to execute the daily production plans as required by sales and plant management objectives. This position reports to the Plant Manager and requires a 24/7 rotating shift schedule.
- Maintain a high level of personal and team safety awareness and execution as required of company policy/procedure and generally accepted industry practices.
- Operate and take action in an environmentally responsible manner as defined by regulatory operating permits and practices, company policy/procedure and generally accepted industry practices.
- Operate the plant processes through various adjustments to plant equipment via process control systems and manual exercise.
- Make the necessary adjustments to the plant processes to maintain standard control of operating parameters recommended by equipment manufacturers or company standards and best practices.
- Report and assist as directed in the maintenance and repair of plant processing equipment, buildings and grounds, and other equipment per plant policies/procedures inclusive of maintenance turnarounds and electrolyzer rebuilds.
- Clean and repair process equipment as necessary or as directed by plant management.
- Records, archives and organizes process records as instructed by policies/procedures, and plant management.
- Ultimately serving in various capacities as part of a site Emergency Response Team.
- Ultimately serving in various capacities as part of a Facility Security Staff; Facility Safety Committee; Quality Assurance (ISO) Program.
- Ultimately assist in the bulk loading of HCl, Sulfuric Acid, sodium hypochlorite, and sodium hydroxide tank trucks
- Must have the capability of using Fall Suppression Equipment.
- Must be able to pass a 10 panel controlled substance testing and random testing after that.
- Must be able to pass a background investigation check and maintain in good standing order, as per TSA’s TWIC criteria (Transportation Worker Identification Credential).
- Must be able to pass a Forklift certification
- Must be able to walk on secure elevated process platforms in excess of 15-foot heights.
- Medically qualified to participate in the Hazmat Team -> annual physical which may include drug screening
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or . – provided by Dice
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?BrN9JLp0apCFZWurL1Q9HQl