Sr. Payroll Specialist—-REMOTE!!!!
Apex Systems has an immediate need for a Sr. Payroll Specialist with one of our Major Government Clients based out of both Fairfax or Chesapeake, VA! This will be a 6-9 month Contract to Hire and will be 100% REMOTE during COVID. Once back “On-Site” the role will have REMOTE flexibility expected 2 days Per Week.
**APPLY HERE VIA EMAIL**
Send resume DIRECTLY to in order to apply and I will call you promptly!
MUST HAVE (Any of the following) :
-NFC “National Finance Center”
Location: Fairfax, VA or Chesapeake, VA / REMOTE
Contract Layout– 6-9 Month Contract to Permanent Hire
Payroll Senior Specialists apply their advanced skills and experience to handle complex federal compensation cases. The Compensation Senior Analyst will ensure accurate processing and calculation of employee compensation actions for timely and accurate compensation execution.
- Ensuring involuntary wage deductions (garnishments, tax levies, child supports, and bankruptcies) for specified pay groups are processed, calculated and deducted in accordance with applicable law and authority;
- Processing, calculating, and tracking separated employee debts; processing all manual Compensation adjustments to include reversed checks, overpayments, death claims, and relocation payments; ? Calculating, processing, and administering death claims, LMP payments and processing separated employee pay adjustments as necessary;
- Preparing and submitting assigned state/local tax deposits, coupons, returns and reconciliations in accordance with the requirements of the state taxing authority. Resolves state/local tax issues. Completing tax vouchers and updating reconciliation spreadsheets. Monitoring tax compliance with employee tax data;
- Providing advisory services and problem resolution services to Human Resources Senior Analysts in both the AO and courts;
- Assisting and reviewing compensation data entries into HRIS to include, federal, state, local tax forms, direct deposit changes, allotment forms, and voluntary deduction authorizations;
- Reviewing employee time & attendance data to resolve various leave administration issues such as (military hours, LWOP hours, retro pay and deduction adjustments per pay period);
- Follow up and perform complex and challenging compensation cases
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or . – provided by Dice
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?X1BvGN%2bJzUb6rwLhZuClogg