Apex Systems is seeking a Security Engineer for an opportunity we have available with one of our growing clients we support. This position is 3 month contract to hire. We are looking to move quickly.
For applicants who are interested in this opportunity; please send a Word resume to Aaliyah Lane, Professional Recruiter at or apply directly to this posting.
Title: Security Engineer
Location: Charlotte, NC
Duration: 3 month contract to HIRE
Responsible for establishing, maintaining and monitoring responsible use policy surrounding company IT infrastructure including server and workstation endpoint management and security, software licensing, network access and monitoring, external content and storage management. Communicates and educates employees on responsible behavior surrounding the responsible use of company IT infrastructure.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Monitor and maintain server and endpoint operating systems insuring that all systems are up to date in regards to performance and security.
- Set up and maintain Fortinet Firewalls.
- Review and remediate server event logs.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining firewall, web filtering, email filtering, email spam box policies, etc.
- Responsible for any security policies (password change notifications/security around two factor authentication).
- Monitor and maintain server and workstation endpoint security including application of group policy, local firewall rules and endpoint protection software.
- Maintain inventory of deployed servers and work stations inclusive of location and employee assignments.
- Manage enterprise wide compliance with all software license agreements by monitoring and enforcing proper software usage policies and guidelines to ensure that there is no non-conformance.
- Conduct internal software audits to identify variances between deployed and licensed software; ensure deployed software aligns with the quantity and licensing models purchased; rectify variances between deployed and licensed software.
- Monitor and maintain acceptable use policy for internal and external network access.
- Monitor and maintain acceptable use policy for external content and storage including email filtering, web content filtering, directly attached and cloud storage.
- Stay current with available information that relates to job responsibilities.
- Review and recommend alternate methodologies where necessary and appropriate.
**Not interested, but know someone who may be, ask us about our referral bonus !!
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or . – provided by Dice
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?qO%2fUyymr5d0rKQTk6ItjyAu