Business Systems Analyst
The main function of a business systems analyst is to analyze science, engineering, business and all other data processing problems for application to electronic data processing systems. A business systems analyst is responsible for analyzing user requirements, procedures and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review computer system capabilities, workflow and scheduling limitations.
- Gather requirements from business units and translate those to programmers and developers.
- Confer with clients regarding the nature of the information processing or computation needs.
- Prepare cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses to aid in decisions on system implementation.
- Interview or survey workers, observe job performance or perform the job to determine what information is processed and how it is processed.
- Coordinate and link the computer systems within an organization to increase compatibility and so information can be shared.
- Consult with management to ensure agreement on system principles.
- Expand or modify system to serve new purposes or improve work flow.
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
- Basic mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
- Knowledge of design techniques and principles involved in production of drawings and models.
- Knowledge of computer software, such as Visual Basic, Java, SQL, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience required.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or . – provided by Dice
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?mMoDYmYF%2b%2f2jPSIju1wMbwa