**This is a school seasonal position that starts in August and ends in May**
This position is primarily responsible for the direct implementation of behavioral and instructional methodologies to address student IEP goals primarily in public school, community and home/daycare settings.
This position is not hired to work exclusively with one student but acts as an agency resource for all Anova students. While Anova strives to provide a consistent work schedule for each of its employees, this position’s daily and weekly hours may be altered with short notice at the discretion of management in order to meet the needs of the agency as a whole.
- Assesses the needs of pupils with speech or language disorders and matches their needs with programs available through the educational system. Meets with students regularly according to treatment program schedule, evaluates, and maintains records of students’ progress.
- Provide constant, effective supervision and direct training with assigned student(s) under the direction of an Anova Behavior Analyst in collaboration with the classroom teacher and other support staff.
- Ensure a positive and reinforcing academic experience in compliance with Anova policies and procedures and other appropriate regulations and standards.
- Responsible to implement IEP goals as written and approved for each student.
- Assist in the development and / or acquire appropriate curriculum materials under the direction of the Behavior Analyst to implement with students according to IEP goals as written.
- Ensure that all work is accurately recorded and converted in Central Reach on a daily basis and that your work schedule is evaluated timely according to Anova’s policies and procedures.
- Complete and submit all administrative paperwork in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Completes Child’s data binder daily.
- Travel from each child’s home or community setting daily.
- Complete other duties and assignments at the discretion of the Anova Management Team and under the direct supervision of the Behavior Analyst
- Substitute at ACE School Campus as assigned.
- Hearing ability sufficient to evaluate student’s speech.
- Ability to work and communicate relevant topics effectively with students, teaching and administrative staff.
- Ability to provide instruction for students in a constructive and effective manner.
- Ability to monitor, evaluate, and document Student performance and progress in goal/skill areas and report all pertinent data to supervising Behavior Analyst.
- Ability to meet student’s educational, physical care and socialization needs.
- Ability to provide physical management for Students in crisis situations including the implementation of Anova’s approved Crisis Intervention Management Techniques
- Ability to make logical and practical decisions.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive and constructive working relationships with teachers and other staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, clinical and teaching staff, administrative staff, families, and integral professionals / agencies.
- Ability to listen to the concerns, suggestions, and complaints of Students served and report to supervising Behavior Analyst.
- Ability to encourage an atmosphere conducive to helping students achieve their greatest potential in the least restrictive environment.
- Ability to promote cooperation and a feeling of teamwork among Staff.
- Ability to maintain professional appearance and conduct at all times.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite
- Proficiency with Central Reach
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2 years experience preferred working with developmentally disabled and or emotionally disturbed students in an environment utilizing an Applied Behavior Analysis approach. NPA/NPS experience preferred
- Standard School environment, community, home and daycare environments. Travel to in-services trainings and other Anova locations may be necessary.
- Must have access to a computer access with internet capabilities
- Frequent bending, twisting, turning type of behavior to help child in environment
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?Iy9klxetq0KDkxi4fbx%2fLAr