Anderson Dahlen, Inc. is a market leading contract manufacture of capital equipment in the Food, Pharmaceutical, Industrial and Vacuum process equipment markets. We have a long history as a family owned, privately held, values-based company of approximately 300 employees and growing.
We are part of the Gray Inc. family of companies. Gray is a family-owned, fully integrated service provider specializing in engineering, design, construction, and smart manufacturing.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
A reliable Safety Manager will ensure everyone in the company complies with health and safety laws. You will also be responsible for establishing policies that will create and maintain a safe workplace.
As a safety manager you must have excellent attention to detail to identify hazards. You will also be able to discover opportunities for improving conditions and execute various safety programs. Lead and ensure the organization is within compliance with local, state or federal environmental laws and practices. The ability to communicate guidelines to a multidisciplinary workforce is essential.
PRIMARY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines.
- Distribution of information to the leadership and site team.
- Prepare and enforce policies to establish a culture of health and safety.
- Evaluate practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law.
- Conduct training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention.
- Monitor compliance to policies and laws by inspecting employees and operations.
- Inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions.
- Investigate accidents or incidents to discover causes and handle worker’s compensation claims.
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures.
- Report on health and safety awareness, issues and statistics.
- Liaison with Human Resources and the Leadership team for COVID-19 plans and actions including, but not limited to: temperature screening, preventative planning, contact tracing, etc.
- Ownership and management of the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Programs.
- Partner with Human Resources regarding Worker’s Compensation including but not limited to: claims filing, claims management, post-accident testing, reviewing reports of workability and assessing return to work plans.
- Drive continuous improvement.
- Sustain and identify improvements for the Near Miss & 5S Programs.
- Lead and Manage Environmental responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ENTRY:
- 3-5 of Years of Experience as a proven safety manager within a manufacturing or metal fabrication environment.
- Ability to influence and create buy-in from indirect reports/team members.
- Deep understanding of legal health and safety guidelines
- Proven record of driving performance improvements within the organization.
- Ability produce reports within Microsoft Excel, presentations within Microsoft Power Point and developing relevant policies within Microsoft Word.
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
- Excellent organizational and motivational skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities
- BSc/BA in safety management or relevant field is preferred
- Valid qualification in occupational health and safety
Anderson Dahlen fosters a manufacturing type environment. Moderately heavy work requiring the occasional lifting of objects weighing 50 pounds or less. In the performance of essential duties, the incumbent may be required to operate a variety of industrial machining tools.
- Bonus Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401K with Match
- Profit Sharing Program
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Employer paid Life Insurance
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?AKhuWvBUnsF4tp3Fvykwpwp