The Web Designer Role
The Web Designer role is an integral part of the web development team. As such, the Web Designer is key to our success in delivering a simple, friendly experience to our visitors while maintaining our own high brand standards and disciplined design approach. The Web Designer uses data, a keen aesthetic, and current design best practices to develop fresh ideas for our e-commerce and blog sites and design guidelines for our talented team of developers. The Web Designer is a master of the web design craft and a team player who knows HTML and CSS well enough to communicate effectively with the team.
- At least five (5) years of professional website design experience
- Excellent visual design skills with an awareness of UI/UX principles
- Strong command of color theory, image composition, and typography
- Strong understanding of responsive design
- Up-to-date experience with international web protocols, standards, and technologies
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Proficiency in Adobe XD, Photoshop, Illustrator or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Familiar with accessibility standards
- Good understanding of content management systems
- Good understanding of search engine optimization principles
- Demonstrated ability to take a project from concept to launch
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Excellent communication skills
- Conceptualize original website design ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to our sites
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to communicate interaction and design ideas
- Design page layouts, sales pages, and templates
- Maintain consistent branding
- Utilize data and analytics in making design decisions
- Present and defend designs and key deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Work with front-end web developers to deploy designs
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards
- Maintain the appearance of websites by enforcing content standards
- Test and improve the design of the website through regular A/B tests
- Track and evaluate site performance and make adjustments as necessary
- Work with different content management systems such as WordPress and Shopify
- Subsidized group health, dental, and vision insurance
- Retirement plan (401k) available to eligible employees
- Up to 15 days per year of paid time off
- Paid holidays off
- Store discounts
- Team lunches, outings, and parties
You are a seasoned Web Designer. You have worked at least five years in a dedicated Web Designer role, not just with web design as part of your other roles. You have studied UI/UX principles, design theory, and have mastered the tools used for both wireframing and light front-end development. You’re a team player, a great communicator, and are renowned for your attention to detail and ability to spot things that are just not right.
You operate with a high degree of structure and skill. You’re fairly analytical and have a strong drive to master and complete any and all assignments. You have a temperament that allows you to work with routine or repetitive tasks and like that many functions are predictable, systematic, and scheduled. But since e-commerce stores can be a people business too, you’re also socially approachable and somewhat outgoing. In short, you get things done and play well with others.
AMMD is a game-changer in the health and wellness industry. We live by our mission of empowering the world to achieve optimal health by providing them with the tools to understand the root cause of their symptoms and to live the solution. We are committed to delivering the highest quality in everything we do, and we are looking for a candidate with the same drive and commitment to excellence.
How to get your application noticed: Apply online here or our website (). We want to see a terrific resume, and anything else that showcases your work and how you write and think. Show us what you’ve done and how you can do it for us.
Location: This is a full-time, in-office position in our Austin office. We’re located in south Austin near I-35 and Slaughter Lane in the Southpark Meadows.
Verification: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.