Simulation and Modeling Statistician is a biostatistician with work experience in clinical trial design, execution, analysis and reporting; and excellent technical expertise in modeling and simulation. The Senior Statistician works closely with Director, Statistical Innovation (DSI), Strategic Development Director (SDD), the Modeling and Simulation team, EGTs and study teams throughout the evidence generation planning and study design process. The Senior Statistician works with the DSI and the Principal Statistician in the development and execution of the simulation plan based on design options and simulation specifications provided by DSI, SDD and study teams; and deliver simulation reports under the guidance from DSI.
- Participates in discussion sessions of EGP development and study design to ensure understanding of the clinical trial design options and collect design inputs from DSI, SDD and study team
- Works with the DSI and the Principal Statistician to develop and finalize simulation plan with detailed specifications and operating characteristics that enable the evaluation and selection of the optimal design options
- Executes simulation plan and summarizes results in outputs in presentation ready visualization
- Works with the DSI and the Principal Statistician to evaluate design options and form design recommendations and finalize simulation report
- Participates in sessions to present simulation results and recommendations to the product/study team
- Contributes to the development of simulation and modeling tools for the design center
- Supports the promotion of innovative designs and analysis methods by contributing to internal training sessions
Master’s degree and 3 years of statistical experience in the pharmaceutical industry or medical research experience
Bachelor’s degree and 5 years statistical experience in the pharmaceutical industry or medical research experience
Associate’s degree and 10 years of statistical experience in the pharmaceutical industry or medical research experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of statistical experience in the pharmaceutical industry or medical research experience
- Doctorate in Statistics/Biostatistics with 1 year of post-graduate statistical experience in the pharmaceutical industry or medical research
- Excellent computing, modelling and simulation skills using R, SAS, WinBugs, FACTS, etc.
- Experience in designing, analyzing and reporting of clinical trials within Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology/Public Health setting in Industry, Government or Academia
- Proactive and efficient in learning emerging adaptive designs and building simulation tools for wide use and applications
- Knowledge of Bayesian statistics
- Extensive knowledge of simulation and modeling techniques
- Work well with both statistical colleagues and cross functional teams
- Good communication skills (written and oral)
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
If you’re seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you’ll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.