Global Commercial Operational IS is looking for a talented Data Engineer, who is curious to learn and able to develop data engineering and data analytics solution in a fast-moving environment. Candidate will work closely with senior data engineer and product owner/business analyst to understand the requirement. This role will be part of the newly established technical/engineering team, develop data flow pipelines to extract, transform, and load data from various data sources in various data format to enterprise data lake and data warehouse system in three regions in AWS. Provide data analytics and predictive analysis to business users.
The Data Engineer will be based out of Amgen’s Capability Center in Tampa, FL. At Amgen, our mission is simple: to serve patients. Our Tampa Capability Center provides essential services that enable us to better pursue this mission. This state-of-the-art center serves as a base for finance, information systems, and human resources professionals to make a meaningful impact at one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies.
- Be a key team member assisting in design and development of the data pipeline for Global Data and Analytics team
- Collaborate with Data Architects, Business SME’s, and Data Scientists to design and develop end-to-end data pipeline to meet fast paced business need across geographic regions
- Serve as system admin to manage AWS and Databricks platform;
- Adhere to best practices for coding, testing and designing reusable code/component
- Able to explore new tools, technologies that will help to improve ETL platform performance
- Participate in sprint planning meetings and provide estimations on technical implementation; Collaborate and communicate effectively with the product teams
Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of Data Engineering and/or and Software Engineering experience
Associate’s degree 6 years of Data Engineering and/or Software Engineering experience
High school diploma and 8 years of Data Engineering and/or Software Engineering experience
- Experience with software development (Java, Python preferred), end-to-end system design
- Experience with data modeling for both OLAP and OLTP databases, hands-on experience with SQL, preferred Oracle, PostgreSQL, and Hive SQL
- Experience with ETL tool, for example Informatica PowerCenter
- Ability to learn quickly, be organized and detail oriented
- Hands on development experience with Informatica Power Center, MDM, Data Integration Hub
- Experience with software DevOps CI/CD tools, such Git, Jenkins
- Experience on AWS, familiar with EC2, S3, Redshift/Spectrum, Glue, Athena, RDS, Lambda, and API gateway
- Experience with Apache Airflow and Apache Spark
- Experience with Tableau Dashboard and Tableau Server
- Experience with Pharmaceutical industry, commercial operations
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and uses its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
If you’re seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you’ll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?pHOBB7%2bmn%2fOznfz70A0H8wr