Job ID: 18109
AMETEK Solidstate Controls (SCI) is in the business of providing continuity of electrical power to keep businesses in business. SCI currently has more than 45,000 systems installed throughout the world, including more than 100 in Nuclear Power plants worldwide. Our products have extensive applications in the following market segments: petroleum, LNG, power – fossil & nuclear, specialty chemicals, mining/metals, waste water, pulp & paper, food & beverage and others requiring continuous power for mission critical applications.
The VP of Global Sales will lead a combination of direct and indirect sales resources consisting of worldwide Sales Managers and representatives/distributors. The primary markets served are petroleum, LNG, power – fossil & nuclear, specialty chemicals, and mining/ metals.
The VP of Global Sales is specifically responsible and accountable for the overall business unit’s sales activities. The following areas are some of the main responsibility:
• Working with the staff to develop overall corporate Strategic Plan globally
• Develop and attain an aggressive revenue and profit plan
• Implement key sales strategies and go to market strategies
• Implement sales management techniques that maximize productivity
• Lead development and implementation of major account strategies
• Manage all sales resources – direct and indirect
• Identify and add sales resources, both direct and indirect in all target segments and appropriate territories to ensure adequate market reach / coverage
• Establish and nurture strategic and top level executive relationships with major End Users, AEs, EPC, Contractors, Design Institutes.
• In conjunction with marketing, develop and manage strategic growth initiatives
• Develop and evaluate representatives and distributors, make necessary changes to develop channels to maximize sales
In addition to the specific revenue driving activities described above, the VP of Global Sales will be a key contributor to a number of business unit and division level strategic and tactical activities including:
• Strategic planning
• Product planning and development
• Collection of market intelligence – competitive, product, market
• Voice of the customer (VOC) data collection and interpretation
• Working closely with the SCI service network to insure client satisfaction and a “cradle to grave” relationship
The VP of Global Sales must possess both technological and business skills.
The ability to communicate with engineering as well as business partners is required.
This key member must be capable of formulating sales strategies that generate profitable revenue growth.
High intellect, an inquisitive personality, and desire to meet and work with people of different business backgrounds are essential qualifications.
The ability and desire to travel along with the ability to meet strict deadlines are required attributes. Must travel up to 75% globally.
The VP of Global Sales must have a technology centric background that includes significant customer interaction and proven sales track record. Professionals who have successfully created sustainable competitive advantage by tuning channel strategies, entering into new markets/geographies and attaining high individual performance will be considered most favorably. The candidate must have previous experience working at senior staff levels with a peer group consisting of other highly seasoned professionals.
B.S.E.E., B.S.M.E. or B.S.B.A from a recognized, fully accredited program is required. MBA is favorable but not required.
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Kneeling: Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine
Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
Standing: Particularly for sustained periods of time
Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly
Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and make fine discriminations in sound.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities are the only duties and responsibilities to be performed by the individual(s) with this job description. The individual(s) maybe called upon and required to follow other instructions or perform other duties/responsibilities requested by his/her manager, consistent with the purpose of the position, department and/or company objectives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?YoougGHUlIAldI93kmaw4An