At the Allegheny County Airport Authority, it is our vision to reflect and serve the community, inspire the industry, and advance the region’s role as a world leader. We look for talented people who are uniquely qualified to serve our mission of becoming a global aviation leader, driving innovation, regional growth and prosperity.
At the ACAA we all have a role in the ambitious transformation of becoming a smarter airport that will enhance the passenger experience and deliver on our mission of being a global aviation leader. Here is how this role will help:
- Develop, implement and direct the Airport Master Plans, Airport Layout Plans, Land-Use and Noise Compatibility Studies, System-Planning Studies, Benefit Cost Analysis, Obstruction Studies, Arts & Culture Program, Delay Reduction Studies, Airfield and Terminal Modeling Studies and Financial Planning;
- Provide technical expertise on aviation planning and related social, economic, and environmental issues relative to both Pittsburgh International and Allegheny County Airports and ensures that Aviation and Planning activities are integrated into broader land use issues;
- Direct the implementation of planning programs and projects;
- Develop and manage the Authority’s Capital Improvement Plan (CIP);
- Complete CEQA/NEPA review and obtain approvals and permits for all planning and capital projects;
- Provide oversight and coordination of federal, state and local regulatory compliance assurance for all Environmental, Planning, and Noise projects, including Regulatory Approved Requirements in regard to all Permits and Mitigation Projects;
- Establish short and long-range goals for airport planning/development projects by identifying and prioritizing development opportunities;
- Provide recommendations to Senior Staff on all matters pertaining to planning and capital requirements for aviation and non-aviation related development;
- Oversee implementation of new policies and improvement of existing policies that directly and indirectly have an impact on planning and development projects;
- Determine procedures and costs pertaining to a departmental service or program improvements; conduct cost benefit analyses, prepare financial and statistical reports; and formulate recommendations;
- Provide support and development to employees through performance management, coaching, training, motivation, and discipline;
- Performs other related tasks as assigned or required
Our culture is innovative and customer centric. We are a learning and performance culture where how we accomplish our priorities is equally important as what we accomplish. The successful candidate in this role will exhibit the following key competencies:
- Communication – Able to clearly articulate short-term vision, department goals and objectives; Collaborate effectively with peers; Able to communicate policy and strategy to team members.
- Strategic Thinking – Able to determine short-term outcomes and give guidance on how to meet goals; Able to direct and deliver plans to achieve efficient, on-time results.
- Team Builder – Able to direct and implement project objectives through “one team” approach; Focused on developing team; direct work of team through leadership and accountability; Makes informed decisions.
- Customer Centricity – Leads team to identify and improve customer experience; Directs and implements improvements that positively impacts most stakeholders.
The minimum requirements needed to qualify for this role are:
- Bachelor’s degree in urban or environmental planning or related field from an accredited college or university. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Seven years related experience at the managerial level.
- Possess, or obtain prior to employment, a valid driver’s license. Note: license must be maintained throughout employment.