Hospice Clinical Liaison (RN with current TN nursing license, BSN preferred)
Status: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Days:Monday – Friday
If you have a passion for people and a desire to provide outstanding care and comfort to patients and their families,
while working within a professional team focused on clinical excellency, then we can’t wait to speak with you!
Hospice Clinical Liaison is a healthcare based professional responsible for hospital-based outreach, referral management and growth in admission volume.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In collaboration with assigned clinical leadership and teams, works to identify and nurture potential referral sources and other health-related groups for education and outreach while developing and maintaining professional relationships and contact with established providers to promote utilization of hospice services and understanding of the hospice benefit. Interact with many patients and potential referral sources and adjusts discussion to the individuals involved.
- Exhibits superior customer service and critical thinking skills at all times.
- Collaborates with medical community and/or patients and families to facilitate and promote eligible hospice admissions
- Works with referral partners within the hospital to identify and facilitate admissions of patients eligible for GIP level of care in the hospital or in Alives IPU.
- Manages patient discharge from the hospital; and the admission process from the hospital to home, IPU, or long-term care facilities
- Coordinates tracking of referral sources, assessment of utilization of Alive Hospice services and preparation of relationship activity.
- Manages relationships with contracted skilled nursing facilities and long-term care facilities.
- Self-directs work with little supervision.
- Coordinates educational presentations and in-services.
- Demonstrates good resource management and recognizes the implications of cost in relation to agency budget.
- Maintains referral source spending log.
- Documents daily within the EMR and CRM.
- Conducts on-site data gathering within scope of practice to identify needs and provide support to prospective patients, families and referrals sources.
- Communicates with physicians, medical directors and other health care providers regarding patient evaluation and response to plan of care.
- Complete required admission documentation within scope of practice.
- Provides and/or facilitates appropriate interventions during complex patient referral and admission process.
- Other duties as assigned.
No administrative supervisory responsibilities of agency staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, including meeting the required competencies. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The agency requires the position to complete 15 hours of continuing education per year covering topics that will contribute to improvements in carrying out the above responsibilities. Regulatory agencies may require some disciplines to have additional hours in order to be licensed or certified.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Registered Nurse; five years healthcare, hospice sales and marketing experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must have current Tennessee or compact RN license. Current and valid Tennessee drivers license and automobile insurance as required by Tennessee State Law.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often exposed to use of an automobile. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?YoougGHUlIB7LBZH%2fmWVbAn