AlivaMab Discovery Services (“ADS”) seeks an outstanding individual for the position of Director, Business Development, North America. ADS is focused on doing great things in the discovery of therapeutic antibody candidates. The company was founded to provide therapeutic antibody discovery services leveraging both the AlivaMab Mouse platform and the founding team’s combined decades of hands-on knowledge and experience in antibody drug discovery and development. We seek talented, experienced, and enthusiastic people to join our team as we build a premier organization to meet and exceed the expectations of clients doing human antibody drug discovery. The successful applicant will be instrumental for ongoing business achievement and growth at ADS.
The Director, Business Development, North America will report to the Chief Executive Officer. The successful applicant will have responsibility for prospecting, identifying, qualifying, and securing business at new accounts in North America . The Director, Business Development, North America will work closely and collaboratively with leadership in research and operations, and the CEO.
Direct responsibilities include:
- Identification of partner/client prospects in North America, creating an understanding of their wants and needs, triaging, and tailoring discussions.
- Prospecting and identifying new accounts in North America that are not existing key accounts.
- Business development activities, including prospecting, representing ADS at conferences, and negotiating six or seven figure budgets.
- Maintaining up to the minute knowledge of the competitive landscape and disseminating that knowledge to key internal stakeholders.
- Document partner interactions through CRM software.
- Achieve/exceed assigned revenue targets.
- Working with the research leadership team, identifying opportunities for expansion of services offered by ADS and subsequent analyses for ROI.
Bachelor’s degree in a life science discipline. At least 5 years’ work experience in drug discovery sales and business development, with demonstrable success. The successful applicant should be prepared to work in a high-energy, goal- and timeline-driven environment. Good internal and external collaborative abilities are required, including excellent listening and reading skills for what is being said, explicitly and implicitly. The successful applicant will understand and be high-functioning in an environment dedicated to customer service of exceptionally high quality and integrity.
The successful applicant will have excellent oral and written communication skills, being able to present in front of external audiences. Proficiency in PowerPoint for highly professional presentations, Excel for financial modeling and Word is required. An understanding of the antibody drug discovery process, including in vivo and in vitro platform systems, is highly desirable.
AlivaMab Discovery Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to religion, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, alienage or citizenship status, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, disability, veteran or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.