Alion Science & Technology has an immediate need for a Business Development (BD) and Capture Manager (CM) professional in support of the Weapon and Space Systems Operations (WSSO) within the Advanced Technology Group (ATG). WSSO provides applied research and development, systems integration, and sustainment engineering services to U.S. Army, Navy, Air Force and Intelligence customers. The BD/CM professional will lead account strategy development and be responsible for understanding customer needs, identifying and building critical relationships, and prospecting for new and unpublished opportunities. In addition, this position will identify opportunities to expand our presence within our customer communities including the U.S. Army Futures Command Combat Capability Development Command (CCDC), Army Materiel Command , Army’s Aviation and Missile Command , the Missile Defense Agency and the U.S. Air Force Sustainment Centers. The BD/CM professional’s primary focus will be on developing business opportunities that can be executed on a variety of contract vehicles to include GSA, GSA OASIS, as well as Defense Technical Information Center contracts. This position works closely with technical SMEs, solutions architects, program managers and account managers to develop and deliver an actionable account strategy informed by critical relationships and client perception.
Within ATG, BD professionals represent all Alion capabilities and strengths to our customers, suppliers and teaming partners, making strategic assessments on capabilities and leading opportunity capture and proposals. Alion BD professionals represent the voice of the customer to Alion account managers and participate in the entire capture process, from identification and qualification to proposal submittal.
This position reports directly to the Vice President of the Weapon and Space Systems Operations with a matrix reporting structure to the ATG Vice President of BD & Strategy. Succession paths for this position include VP Operations (a P&L role) and VP BD & Strategy at the Group level.
Manages the identification, analysis, and development of new business opportunities for large Groups or multiple small Groups. Directs research and analysis, and the development of marketing programs with the particular focus on pushing tasks to Alion’s GSA and DTIC contract vehicles. Establishes customer contacts and develops proposals and marketing presentations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with staff responsible for analyzing the market and market opportunities and recommends opportunities for pursuit. Researches public domain materials to develop leads, contacts, and capture plans.
- Develops relationships with client executives and markets the company’s capabilities.
- Participates in industry groups and conferences to represent and promote the company’s capabilities.
- Works with Alion’s Program Management Office that helps to administer the GSA, OASIS and DTIC Contracts.
- Develops proposals, solutions, white papers, business plans, strategic plans, briefings, and marketing materials.
- Identification of the most advantageous method to building key relationships
- Teaming partner identification and selection
- Win theme and Win Strategy development
- Prepares new business proposals, and responses to requests for proposal (RFPs) and requests for information (RFIs).
- Manages weekly reporting and analysis of the business development pipeline, including development of company business development presentations as required.
- Develops and maintains working relationships with similar and/or complementary companies to include teaming and partnership discussions.
- Participates in Industry Day Meetings, Customer specific conferences, trade shows, and professional association (AOC, AFCEA, NDIA, AUSA, etc.) meetings/briefings.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies in order to successfully meet client requirements.
- Complies with all corporate policies and procedures, including quality assurance and security procedures in the performance of duties.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline, 16+ years of directly related experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience.
- Demonstrated ability and reputation
Government BD and Capture in any of the following areas
- System integration
- Technology services
- Technology / program / Acquisition support
- Hardware / software development
- Previous Profit & Loss experience desired
- Full and open
- Prime / sub
- Small business set aside
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong business acumen and peer relationships to combine multiple functional areas to effectively pursue large contracts.
- Strong research and analysis skills supported by knowledge of the company’s products and services, as well as the needs of current and potential customers, to organize pursuit of key business development targets.
- Strong decision making, customer focus and negotiation skills to identify and establish teaming arrangements needed to meet RFP requirements.
- Strong communicator (oral and written): i.e. ability to frame and articulate key messages in executive language plus contribute to written and oral proposals.
- Ability to articulate a proposal strategy and serve as a member of the capture and/or proposal team and extensive experience in the development of high impact proposal executive summaries.
- Government relationship building skills and command of the client; ability to represent Alion to target clients; and develop new and profitable relationships
- Sales process and sales skills with demonstrated ability to close
- Highly motivated and able to work independently and in small and large groups
- US Citizenship required with current or ability to obtain Secret or TS security clearance is required.
Security Clearance: Secret
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?kteJpayibv2rxbfuljNrmwe