At Alion, we believe our strength depends on hiring the best and brightest talent in the market to join our team. Our people work together doing what they love for a mission that’s bigger than just the bottom line. If you get excited about inventing new solutions or analyzing and solving real problems, then check out our challenging and exciting career opportunities.
The Administrative Assistant will perform the following duties:
- Support Customer and as directed the Protocol Office with administrative/ transport/ logistical support in preparation and execution of trade shows, industry days, agenda development and scheduling.
- Positioned in MD, responsible for mailroom operations, administrative and logistical support for two Directorates.
- Provide direct support to the Protocol office organizes calendars, creates best route for VIPs during time sensitive agendas.
- Interact with Senior Military and Government Leadership during transport.
- Presents facts and supporting documentation to provide the customers with logical and supportable answers.
- Possess solid customer relationship techniques. Experienced and mature communications skills, ability to calmly handle any scenario.
- Regularly determines IAW Army Regulation how it’s Hazardous Materiel’s must be crated and shipped to CONUS and OCONUS site an efficient and safe manner
- SME in all policies and Federal laws/regulations related to shipping and receiving for classified and unclassified documents via USPS, FEDEX, etc. policies.
- Duties also include responsibility for the shipments of Hazardous Material e.g. prepare all required documentation IAW state and federal laws and regulations for shipment CONUS and OCONUS; box/crate the items for shipment. Maintain all hazardous shipment records/filings system and data base for the required three years.
- Pick up, inventory items, and transport supplies and associated equipment to the appropriate offices within the Directorate’s. Ensure all supplies and equipment is correctly documented in the transaction process
- In the role of logistician assist the Property Book Specialist with picking up equipment from assigned buildings, recording data, filling out the supply documentation, obtain Property Book Card Holder’s signature and transport to the ware house for storage or pre-position for future mission requirements .
- AA or 2yr Tech School and 3 years’ experience or HS/GED with 10 years’ experience
- Experienced in performing diversified clerical, administrative, and general office duties.
- Requires good organizational and interpersonal skills to maintain schedules, calendars, correspondences, and filing systems.
- This position requires knowledge of applicable policies, organization, and a high level of technical skills using automation tools including word processing, graphics, desktop publishing, editing, and coordination.
- Must maintain courier orders and have experience in the proper transport of classified/unclassified mail and packages.
- Must have formal training and experience in the proper transport and shipment of hazardous materials.
- Must be experienced in the safe handling and transportation of equipment in accordance with established SOP’s.
- Must have experience in conducting equipment inventory and maintaining property accountability documentation.
Security Clearance: Secret
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?39e3RcFOq6bjBbATAZxSkAd