Data Center Migration & Consolidation . New York, New York
For over three decades , many of the world’s leading firms have relied on Align as a tru sted IT solution provider and center of excellence in IT advisory, infrastructure design , build , delivery and managed services . We are actively seeking innovative minds to establish and strengthen our team to deliver high-quality state-of-the-art technology solutions for our enterprise and boutique clients.
If you are seek ing to own challenging projects under tight schedules for some of today’s most fascinating companies while leveraging an exceptional team and long track record of success , then we want to hear from you today .
The IT Infrastructure Transformation Advisor will help with pre-sales support, solution development and technical project management and delivery. This person will lead the consultative discovery of the client’s business goals, objectives, and challenges and translates them into effective infrastructure solutions. Candidates must have the ability to develop solutions and author presentations (PPT) to articulate and influence client’s executive teams on a proposed infrastructure strategy. The IT Infrastructure Transformation Advisor must have prior experience leading Current State to Target State IT Infrastructure assessments and initiatives. Candidates must have prior experience authoring supporting documentation. The IT Transformation Advisor will support the pre-sales process and account development. This will transpire through joint account planning, partner teaming (internal & external), on-site client interface/visits, engagement/solution development and implementation support/follow-up. The IT Transformation Advisor plays a leadership role by analyzing business requirements, presenting related solutions, and driving the business case and financial justifications.
- This role is based out of our New York City office.
- The position in its nature requires some travel, which at times could be up to 25%.
- We are open to a long term contract or a full-time position offering full benefits, a competitive salary, paid training and performance-based bonuses
- The candidate should have 8-15 years of professional experience in project management, sales engineering support, developing and delivering IT Infrastructure solutions
- Bachelor’s degree required – Master’s degree preferred
- Must have experience leading and authoring “current state to target state” IT infrastructure road maps and assessments, including analyzing business requirements, presenting related solutions, and driving the business case and financial justifications.
- Some Management Consulting, external client advisory, or independent consulting experience is strongly preferred
- 2+ years of experience in an IT infrastructure strategic advisory role is preferred
- Prior experience as an Infrastructure Architect or a Technical Project Manager would be beneficial
- Candidates must be able to understand the technology and author business justification documentation and executive level presentations
- Experience in IT infrastructure re-platforming; data center migration, optimization or consolidation; IT infrastructure transformation projects with exposure to hybrid solutions, cloud, and migration methodologies; and IT operations outsourcing
- Ability to work in fast-paced enterprise-level environments requiring exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills.
- In depth experience managing complex projects lifecycles starting at the pre-sales engineering phases and ending in project closeout.
- This person will be working closely with other subject matter experts in a matrix environment to plan, schedule and execute projects for various-sized enterprise clients (infrastructure, storage, network, server and IT appliances, etc.)
- PMP or other project management certifications
- Cloud (AWS, Azure) or other infrastructure certifications
- Advanced MS Project, PowerPoint, Visio and Office tools documentation skills
- ITIL and ITSM knowledge and certifications desired
- Must be able to travel as needed
- Act as an IT Infrastructure Strategic Advisor and support the whole project life cycle from pre-sales to project closeout phases
- Drive IT Infrastructure ‘current state’ assessments and developing ‘target state’ infrastructure solutions which may include private, hybrid and public cloud solutions.
- Drive solutions development, work with subject matter experts, and put a cohesive vision in place that can be presented to clients executive teams
- Provide oversight on projects to ensure the technical vision is realized and project manage aspects of the project as needed
- Some projects will require more technical advisory work and others may be more project management oriented, but all projects will require IT Infrastructure Strategic Advisory and Solution Development
- Lead collaborative white boarding sessions and drive all aspects of solution development
- Drive technology infrastructure projects with a focus on workload migrations
- Lead or assist with creation of statements of work and support the sales process
- Develop a delivery plan for all the workstreams
- Advise clients on potential risk, and manage client expectations
- Nurture and mentor team members
Align is a dynamic and flexible place to work, offering professionals unparalleled opportunities to train in the leading technologies, make an impact within the industry and control their own destinies. We have a flawless track record of delivering technical solution s and have established long-standing relationships with an impressive client list of both Global 1000 and SMB clients.
We work across a diverse list of industries including financial services, life sciences (pharmaceutical and health care), retail, technology, media and telecommunications. We give our professionals the autonomy to pursue opportunities and manage assignments in ways that maximize their creativity and talents, leading to self-fulfillment and financial rewards.
For more details, visit .
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?jn7eaPLiUPRkF2NTX%2fxDZwf